Author Topic: So... what are you currently listening to ?  (Read 274437 times)

Offline chix2

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 73
Re: So... what are you currently listening to ?
« Reply #1575 on: November 29, 2017, 10:27:05 pm »
Aerosmith ... Just Push PLay & Nine Lives albums ...

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 108
« Reply #1576 on: December 05, 2017, 03:53:59 pm »
I’m really excited about the latest album from Steven Wilson.
Granted, it is somewhat more pop’ier compared to ealier albums, but it’s just so damn clever made.
Loving it!

https://open.spotify.com/album/37lL4QxxvHJ3SxFH2KtkDD?si=KcrN8x7YSDqDDPVlAVP6Mw
/Jesper

Sigma SOMR28H, Fender Classic '50s Tele, Fender Std Stratocaster, Gibson lpj '14, BOSS Katana 100-212 amp.
Me on da Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jesper-j-rgensen-11

Offline zedhead

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #1577 on: December 05, 2017, 07:53:11 pm »
For the  first time in quite a few years I have been listening to my Alice in Chains collection.....absolutely awesome!
Would and Down in a Hole on the Unplugged album were always my favourites......god I was a miserable kid!!
Please Justin can you do an Unplugged version of Down in a Hole!!

Offline coolguitarkid123

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1578 on: December 07, 2017, 11:49:54 am »
Nirvana.all of them.I like grunge style music

Sent from my LenovoA3300-GV using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline coolguitarkid123

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1579 on: December 07, 2017, 11:50:33 am »

Sent from my LenovoA3300-GV using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 171
  • Like Tuesday; Gone, with the Wind.
« Reply #1580 on: December 08, 2017, 12:41:52 am »
It took me 4 xx--xx months to find a physical copy of Dan Wilson's Re-Covered, so as most of you will understand i've been playing it non-stop.

Most played are Closing Time :

And a song most people here will know because of the person who scored a massive hit with it, and had Dan as a co-writer; Dan's version of Adele's Someone like You :

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
  • What was I doing?
« Reply #1581 on: December 10, 2017, 06:26:48 am »
My singing sucks so I’m learning Guitar and Ukulele, it’s fun 🌟

Offline sdd56

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #1582 on: December 12, 2017, 09:04:53 pm »
This is a song I always come back to at this time of year....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnctNq3mmOc

Never understood why Ellie Williams didn't achieve mainstream success - this is a cover of course but she has written lots of good songs.

(The YouTube embed icon seems to have disappeared? - hope the link works).
Started BC Sept 2016, currently on stage 8.
Acoustic: Yamaha F310, Washburn WD7, Freshman FA1AN
Electric: Yamaha ERG121, Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro
https://soundcloud.com/user-372122422
aka Stan

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 237
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #1583 on: December 14, 2017, 06:02:09 am »
After coming across Tommy Emmanuel here I pointed my brother to him.  He finally checked him out.  And in return pointed me to Badi Assad, a Brazilian artist, whom he was fortunate enough see performing in a local public library  8)  Hope you all enjoy ...

And then spotted this in the queue ...

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 237
« Reply #1584 on: January 07, 2018, 11:25:42 am »
Funny how one thing leads to another ...

I was tweaking my mix of A Girl Like You and showing my brother how it all works on the pc.  We were chatting away and ended up looking at a website of the work of a school friend of his who still lives down in Port Elizabeth, the city where I spent my childhood in South Africa).

Spotted a gallery with images from the Voelvry Toer (Free As A Bird tour) back in 1989.  Fabulous pictures.  Great essay written about his experiences back in that time.  Nostalic for me.  Will give yu insights into some of my life experiences being in mid 20s back in those days.

Then took a listen to some of the album he has just released ... most worthy of a listen IMHO

Check it and please share thoughts ...

http://timhopwood.net/voelvry.html

https://timhopwood.bandcamp.com/album/songs-of-love-and-death

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
  • What was I doing?
« Reply #1585 on: January 07, 2018, 04:16:29 pm »
One of my favourite tracks of all time played in a very interesting way on instruments I’m really getting into:

My singing sucks so I’m learning Guitar and Ukulele, it’s fun 🌟

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 83
  • Playing my way to a new way of thinking. ~ JG
« Reply #1586 on: January 07, 2018, 04:28:47 pm »
Check it and please share thoughts ...

David, the music is great, the narrative very compelling. We are from the same era, although across the sea, so we may have had similar themes running through our lives, although we live(d) in a different world politically. I definitely like some music for the sake of just the music now, in the absence of meaningful lyrics, but most of the music that draws me has something to say. I grew up believing in poetry and freedom and music and love, even while I was struggling with personal demons; perhaps because of that. I was too young for the music of the 60s in that time, but that’s the era that speaks most to my heart: let’s change the world so it’s a world for everyone. The music of the seventies is closer to me. I go looking for new music sometimes and some of it’s great. I cannot stand John Mayer’s song Waiting on the World to Change, it makes me a little bit mad. I could never figure out Apartheid in South Africa, and race segregation in the US in the 60’s. Apartheid is even harder to comprehend though because it went to the early 90s, and I think surely we would have learned something, globally, long before then. It makes me sad and angry both to realize that too many of us haven’t. Canada also has its own challenges in terms of treatment of Indigenous peoples. I won’t go off into a long political diatribe because we’re all entitled to an opinion, suffice it to say though that something in me seemed to have broken after the 2016 US election. Some things are truly unbelievable. And then I watch The Handmaid’s Tale, a very difficult story, and think it’s not really that far fetched at all.

Ultimately I do still believe that music has the power to change the world. Isn’t that what we’re doing here? 

Peace,

Mari
Gretsch G5420T,  Taylor GS Mini-e Koa, Epiphone SG400, Martin OMCPA5
Boss Katana 50, Boss RC-1 loop pedal
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 237
« Reply #1587 on: January 09, 2018, 07:48:26 am »
David, the music is great, the narrative very compelling. We are from the same era, although across the sea, so we may have had similar themes running through our lives, although we live(d) in a different world politically. I definitely like some music for the sake of just the music now, in the absence of meaningful lyrics, but most of the music that draws me has something to say. I grew up believing in poetry and freedom and music and love, even while I was struggling with personal demons; perhaps because of that. I was too young for the music of the 60s in that time, but that’s the era that speaks most to my heart: let’s change the world so it’s a world for everyone. The music of the seventies is closer to me. I go looking for new music sometimes and some of it’s great. I cannot stand John Mayer’s song Waiting on the World to Change, it makes me a little bit mad. I could never figure out Apartheid in South Africa, and race segregation in the US in the 60’s. Apartheid is even harder to comprehend though because it went to the early 90s, and I think surely we would have learned something, globally, long before then. It makes me sad and angry both to realize that too many of us haven’t. Canada also has its own challenges in terms of treatment of Indigenous peoples. I won’t go off into a long political diatribe because we’re all entitled to an opinion, suffice it to say though that something in me seemed to have broken after the 2016 US election. Some things are truly unbelievable. And then I watch The Handmaid’s Tale, a very difficult story, and think it’s not really that far fetched at all.

Ultimately I do still believe that music has the power to change the world. Isn’t that what we’re doing here? 

Peace,

Mari
Mari,

Appreciate your opening up and sharing some of your thoughts. 

Given the nature of the forum, not appropriate to enter a deeper dialogue about apartheid in South Africa, the issues of the USA or for that matter similar matters around the world.

If nothing else I think important to contemplate these things at happens.  And I can say, it felt to me as if that music of the 80s in South Africa that Tim wrote was similar in many respects to the music of the 60s.

And I think people have the power the change the world ... music may be one of the means, along with other arts.  I believe that how we think and act as the power to change and influence, irrespective of who we are ... every little act has an impact.

Offline sdd56

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #1588 on: January 11, 2018, 06:58:22 pm »

And I think people have the power the change the world ... music may be one of the means,

Recently found this video, I'm a big Gabriel fan but hadn't seen this version before-

Started BC Sept 2016, currently on stage 8.
Acoustic: Yamaha F310, Washburn WD7, Freshman FA1AN
Electric: Yamaha ERG121, Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro
https://soundcloud.com/user-372122422
aka Stan

Offline MrBumble

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 18
« Reply #1589 on: January 18, 2018, 09:29:04 pm »
The new EP

http://maryspender.bigcartel.com/product/faux-americana-ep

from the wonderful Mary Spender

www.maryspender.com

I happen to konw the ther's at least one other Mary Spender fan on here.
Guitars - Gretsch 5120, Ovation Celebrity, Revelation RJT60Q.
Pedals - TC Polytune 2, Mooer BluesCrab, Boss CE5 Chorus, Boss RC3 Looper, TC Flashback 2
Amplifiers - Fender Super Champ 25 SE, Laney A Fresco, Marshall G30R CD,

Get The Forum As A Mobile App