Author Topic: Windows 10 and Edge vs Google Chrome  (Read 114 times)

Offline agj

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 4
  • Live in Didcot, Oxfordshire
Windows 10 and Edge vs Google Chrome
« on: April 18, 2019, 08:14:54 am »
I have a Lenovo notebook which is about 6 months old and a HP Laptop which is only a couple of weeks old, both are experiencing problems with Google Chrome like pages very slow to load and quite often Google not responding, when it was happening on the Levono I put it down to buying a cheap notebook, however, the HP Laptop was in the region of £450 and has the same issue.  I notice when I click Edge I get a performance comparison showing how much faster Edge is compared to Google Chrome and Firefox, call me cynical but could it be that Microsoft are deliberately slowing down other browsers so you use theirs? 
Fender 50s Classic series Strat, Squier Affinity Telecaster, Epiphone ES339, Vox Mini 3 G2, Blackstar Ht-5R

br />My Roadcase http://www.justinguitar.com/forum/index.php?topic=18937.0<br

Offline jono

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 15
Re: Windows 10 and Edge vs Google Chrome
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 10:53:21 am »
Try the chrome popup / ad blocker extension as waiting for adverts to load can really slow some websites down.

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Rossco01

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 68
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 01:30:16 pm »
I've got a Surface Pro 2017 and whilst Edge is indeed quite fast my go to browser is still Google. There is just too much that is not compatible with Edge.
BC 11/13-11/14, IM Stage - Complete?
Epiphone Masterbilt DR500MCE, Yamaha Pacifica 112V, Fender Mustang 1v2, Zoom G5, Trio Plus, Zoom MS50G
Follow me on >> https://soundcloud.com/rossco01
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHlzgAndj0AFFSNE1iGnbQQ

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 168
  • Is on the Outside, looking in
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 01:58:18 pm »
Well, if Microsucks are slowing down other browsers deliberately, they're doing so selectively at the very least, as I'm not experiencing any slowdowns with Firefox, Chrome and Opera.
I'm also not seeing a lot of comments to the same effect across the web, so I suspect something else may be up.

Some questions rise :
Are you using any sort of adblocker, scriptblocker, etc. ?
If so, are they up to date, are any blocklists they use up to date ?
When's the last time you cleaned out the cache and cookies for those browsers ?
Are the browsers up to date on both devices ?
How did you install them, from the web or from Microsucks' app store ? (if the latter, UNINSTALL, never use the app store again, and download a fresh version off Google's website)
How are the systems connected to the internet ?
If by WiFi, are drivers/firmware on the systems up to date, is your WiFi Access point up to date and secure ?
Are you sure your browsers aren't compromised by a bad plugin or malware of sorts ?
"You need a little bit of insanity to do great things"
--Henry Rollins

Get The Forum As A Mobile App