Author Topic: Is there a list of RUST strumming patterns (tabs) on the website somewhere?  (Read 5202 times)

uncltravlinmatt

I see reference (especially in the Beginner's Course consolidation lesson) to RUST patterns and then numbers (1, 2, 8, 16 etc). I know these are referring to really useful strumming patterns but I can't find these strumming patterns anywhere on the website unless I click through individual lessons. Even then, I can only find reference to a couple of these patterns. I keep expecting to stumble upon a list of tabs showing the patterns or something but I can't locate anything like this. Does it exist on the website? And if not, what is the best way to quickly look up these strumming patterns for practice?

Thanks.

steveo2

Re: Is there a list of RUST strumming patterns (tabs) on the website somewhere?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 05:16:02 am »
I know the purpose of knowing these patterns.
the tab would look like V or inverted V.
I think with all the strumming patterns Justin just shows maybe 20 in both courses I could be wrong I do not own them many here do so a better answer is coming.
it the week end.
The goal is to get a wide full swinging strum and you can get this over time just playing songs.
Well I did so I just assume people can LOL
Johnny Cash songs will get you going and I think his songs are among the best as far as just learning to hit string with 16th note strumming.

Offline mouser9169

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 32
Re: Is there a list of RUST strumming patterns (tabs) on the website somewhere?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 05:26:21 am »
Some (a lot?) of the patterns are only shown in lessons on the DVD's, so you won't find a complete list of all the strumming patterns on the website (Justin's gotta eat, ya' know :) ).

But if you go through the Beginner Lessons in order, I think you'll find the ones that are referenced. The "consolidation", is a consolidation of his lessons...
Mouser's Rules of Music:

1) Always Trust your Muse.
2) See Rule 1)

Offline johnbarleycorn

• Good Vibes 0

I see reference (especially in the Beginner's Course consolidation lesson) to RUST patterns and then numbers (1, 2, 8, 16 etc). I know these are referring to really useful strumming patterns but I can't find these strumming patterns anywhere on the website unless I click through individual lessons. Even then, I can only find reference to a couple of these patterns. I keep expecting to stumble upon a list of tabs showing the patterns or something but I can't locate anything like this. Does it exist on the website? And if not, what is the best way to quickly look up these strumming patterns for practice?

Thanks.

Very late but here are the RUST beginner strumming patterns for the Consolidation.

1: D D D D
2: D D DU D
4: D D DU DU
8: D DU DU D
9: D DU-U D
16: bass DU bass DU

Hope they will be useful to those that are starting their learning journey just now!

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 115
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
Buy the RUST 1 and 2 video/dvds its all in there and additional patterns to the website.  8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Get The Forum As A Mobile App