Author Topic: Stage 2 songs.  (Read 18384 times)

Offline sophiehiker

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
Re: Stage 2 songs.
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2013, 01:42:03 pm »
Your verse sounds right, but I don't understand what you're saying about the chorus.  It should be one strum of G and one strum of A where G=xx000x and A=xx222x

G A G A   [stop]  Wild Thing, I think I love you
G A G A   [stop]  but I wanna know for sure
G A G A   [stop]  come on over and sock it to me one time.
G A G A   [stop]  Ooo, you move me
...where the deer and the antelope play.  Well, they're not really playing.  They're fleeing in terror.

Offline Slenderman

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 04:23:34 pm »
What are the sequences for the chorus for The Troggs - Love Is All Around? I watched the video for the song and in the chorus I think he was using "down , down , up" pattern for the C , A min , C , G and some other pattern which I didn't figure out for the C , A min , D . If some 1 know the chord sequences (If you write it with strums it will be better) for the chorus and the strumming pattern he was using for the C , A min and D chord please help me out .

ps : Sorry for my bad English
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 06:49:07 am by close2u »

Offline SunBurstUK

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 5
  • :-)
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2015, 02:47:48 pm »

I am confused on the Etta James 'I'd rather go blind' chord sequence when looking at the songbook.
I can play it with the chords as to the video in lesson 2 in all down strums. The issue is when to sing. don't know if I sing with the chords or after them.
 Weirdly I find this song so much easier to play then Edwyn Collins  :o same with Louie Louie. This is where I get muddled on most songs when to sing against the chords when not to.
 what is crazy is remove guitar from my hands and I can sing the song! figure that one out :P
hope someone can help me here please? thanks all hope you enjoyed the public holiday. :D
"If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and  try again"

Offline SunBurstUK

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 5
  • :-)
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2015, 08:37:51 pm »

No video for Natural Mystic page 37 of the beginners songbook on youtube I am not sure how to attempt this song, does anyone have a video they have uploaded of themselves playing this with the same chord progression from the Justin book please? noticed many song vids for lessons in stage 2 book missing what happened to the videos please? ;)

Thank you

Sunburst ;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:07:48 pm by SunBurstUK »
"If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and  try again"

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 4
  • Not quitting, not now, not ever....
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2016, 11:40:15 am »
Hello everybody,

i'm working my way through the 2nd stage of the beginners course. I've now come to Peggy Sue, by Buddy Holly.

The new thing to learn here is the fast downstrumming. I'm working on that, but while i'm doing that, i feel that i'm holding my guitar in a very tight grip. (sort of squeezing the guitar to my body).

I'm wondering if this is normal. When strumming at that tempo, i get all cramped up and after a verse/chorus/verse, i have to stop to relax. That can't be normal, right? Or is it?

I'll get it in the end. Just don't give up, that's the key....

Offline FChris

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 4
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2016, 07:33:28 pm »
Hi there,

Cramping up and getting very tense should not be normal. Actually when you want to go fast you have to relax. Later when you want to do more complicated stuff it will be downright impossible if your hands, arms and whole body is really stiff.
When your muscles are not relaxed, you need more effort to make them move which is why you get all tired in the end. Just try to play it slowly at first and get the movement down. While you try slowly (and I mean really slowly) watch yourself and pay attention on how tense you are. Do it as relaxed as you can and if you manage to play it without being tired afterwards you can speed up a little. Then again watch if you get tense, if you can stay relaxed speed up a bit again.

Now I know, slowing down seems like it does take out the fun to some extent. But practicing slowly and getting it done is much more satisfying than going super fast and screwing up again and again.
Also you don't have to play it at full speed right now. Speed comes naturally by itself over time.

Oh and maybe you should rename your thread title cause it does not really tell what you are actually asking.

All the best
Chris
Guitar is a lot about getting there, not arriving. - Drubbing

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 4
  • Not quitting, not now, not ever....
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2016, 02:39:06 pm »
Thank you FChris for the help.

That was really helpfull. I'll tackle the song slowly at first. This'll be fun, especially if i sing along in my head. A real slow-mo version of the song...  ;D

It'll take time, but i've got that. I don't mind. I'm having lots of fun playing and going through the course.

@the admin: could you change the title of the topic pls? Something like: cramping up playing Peggy Sue?
Many thx!

[mod note - merged to this thread and re-named :)]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 03:16:17 pm by close2u »
I'll get it in the end. Just don't give up, that's the key....

Offline Jaminajar

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2016, 08:02:59 am »
Hi..2 months playing here, going well.getting a lovely vibe with Etta James song 'rather go blind' in stage 2 but I am struggling when trying to add up strums, just can't get them to fit ! Anybody know the strum pattern ??
Thanks in advance for any help

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 97
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2016, 10:11:34 pm »
Jaminjar

Do what Justin says and just stay with the steady down strums for now. Concentrate on building that solid foundation of good timing, come back to the fancier patterns later in the course, as you'll cover these along the way. If memory serves me right, Justin recommends sticking with the 4 down strums per bar until you get the stage 8. KISS.

Toby
 8)
BC Mar 2013 to Jan 2015 IM April 2015 to Mar 2016
Currently consolidating IM then Blues Rhythm & MTMS
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
TOBY JENNER’S CAS DE LA ROUTE / ROADCASE
https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg339454

Offline Jaminajar

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2016, 07:18:41 am »
Thanks Toby your suggestion makes sense !

Offline pickinmypocket

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2016, 04:05:48 am »
Hello everyone.  I have started playing around with Natural Mystic and I want to know if what I am doing is correct or not. I am not using a pick but just starting by plucking the A string with my thumb and then up stroking the chords with my two middle fingers fairly gently. So I pluck the A string with thumb and then the chords in progression but always plucking the A string before the chords.  I play an acoustic Seagull.  I wanted to try somethng different but I dont want to cause problems further down the road.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!  Michael

Offline Juli

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2018, 01:26:04 pm »
Hello everyone!
I started playing Natural Mystic by Bob Marley (p. 36) and when I start with a new song I like to play along to the songs on the JustinGuitar App because I can adjust the speed. With this particular song I noticed, that the chords in the App differ from the ones in the book. What happened here? And which are the chords I should play to play along with the original?

Offline Lurnelecguitar

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2018, 08:46:35 pm »
Can you explain what is meant by "Chord Progression x9"  as part of the guitar solo in Louie Louie?

Offline jono

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 10
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2018, 12:37:45 am »
Play the chord progression
A D Em D 9 times, you are playing the rhythm behind the solo.

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Lurnelecguitar

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2018, 03:56:17 am »
Thanks!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App