Author Topic: Corrections Thread = Spotted a mistake? Tell me here!! :)  (Read 14221 times)

Offline Larryh

• Good Vibes 0
Re: Corrections Thread = Spotted a mistake? Tell me here!! :)
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2013, 11:28:05 pm »
Hi

In the 2nd Edition, p 76 (The Dock Of The Bay) the book has E Majors in the chorus, but the vid has the first 2 as Em, not Major.

(My first post and its pointing out a typo - sorry, that's just the pedant in me!  Loving the course and the book - can't put the guitar down!)

Offline britannia

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2013, 09:34:35 am »
Hi there,
Just wanted to let you know that the German word for tip is  der Tipp / plural die Tipps. I've already corrected the text below:

Dieses über 200 Seiten dicke Buch beinhaltet mehr als 100 Songs, die perfekt mit meinem Justinguitar Anfänger Kurs harmonieren. Für jedes Kapitel bekommst Du zehn Songs und 10 weitere Bonus Songs. Darüber hinaus erhältst Du zu fast jedem Song Tipps und Rhythmusmuster zur Begleitung, was ein großes Plus ist

Offline BrooklynRyan

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2014, 09:50:30 pm »
Regarding Wonderwall pg. 170 of the second edition of the beginners song book.  The Notes in the bridge are C, D, Em; shouldn't they be Cadd9, Dsus4, and Em7 like they are everywhere else in the song?  The basic C, D, and Em don't sound correct to me but I'm not the best listener so I could be wrong.  Still, I love the beginners songbook.  I plan on order the other books.

Offline henkah79

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2014, 03:27:20 pm »
hey Justin!

i was playing stage 7 of the beginners songbook song:summer of 69.
had some trubble finding the chords here.
so I was listening to the song and found that it was easier and it sounded better to change some of the power chords in to open chords.
and it makes it better to play the riff to.
in the book the riff doesn't match the song.
it says in the book to start with Dsus2 then D and then Dsus4.
in my opinion it should be D,D,Dus4,D,Dsus2,D - A,A,Asus2,A,Asus4,A
even if you just strum the d cord and changes to the sus chords in between it gives a great feeling of the original song i think.
also with the intro and the verse i just use open D,A and (barre)Bm and G chords
for the bridge i didn't try that bit yet.
i hope You find this information usefull and this way I hope to contribute to Your fantastic Site.
Rock On M8! 8)

Offline henkah79

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2014, 11:50:08 pm »
hey justin, in the songbook stage 8 ,page 161 there is the shuffle riff pattern.
the A and D are not at the right spot and should be reversed.
hope u know what I am trying to tell.

Offline Joris91

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2014, 08:56:22 pm »
I think there's a small mistake in the tab for the intro riff for 'That'll be the day' by Buddy Holly. In the book it says the last note of the riff, before going to the E7 chord, is just the second fret of the second string. I'm pretty sure Justin plays that note together with the fifth fret of the first string when he explains it in the video for this song.

Minor mistake, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 139
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2015, 11:51:25 am »
All noted - thank you very much - going through them all now :)
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline MFlyer

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2015, 11:29:55 pm »
There is a mistake on page 120 - I'm a Believer.  Two mistakes actually.

1) It is missing the G chord above the word "Meant" on line 2.

2) It is missing the "stop" reference Justin refers to after/at the second D7 reference at the end of Verse 1.

Offline Blind Boy Roy

• Good Vibes 0
  • Playing guitar to make a difference
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2016, 03:36:34 am »
As I was perusing through my new Beginner's Songbook, ed. 2, I noticed Justin's introduction to "Sweet Little Angel" by B.B. King. I believe the credits are in error. While B.B. King and Jules Taub were responsible for the arrangement on the "Live at the Regal" album, Tampa Red is considered the songwriter as he cut "Black Angel Blues" back in the 1930s and renamed the song "Sweet Little Angel" when he rerecorded it in 1950. Tampa Red's real name is Hudson Whittaker. Like Justin, I too am a fan of B.B. King's version on that album!

Offline melodican

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2016, 08:12:11 pm »
Beginners Songbook, Vol II, page 84, If it makes you happy:

I think there is a mistake in the first line of the lyrics. Songbook: "I be-long a long way from here", while in the booklet of the CD it reads: "I've been a long, a long way from here"

Great song by the way and a great songbook!

Offline PerryPhillips

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2016, 03:51:31 pm »
First off--Awesome job overall--Justin, you are amazing! I can't believe I just stumbled on your web site from learning and searching songs on the internet.

Re: corrections, On California Dreamin', I was looking at one of your songbooks (I have several, not sure which has this song) too literally and thought the F chord was actually a full measure (above "I've been for a.."), and I just kept trying to force it to be one measure. Then I got the sheet music and clearly saw what was going on with the E7 continuing into that measure for half of it. It was really odd that I wanted to play what I saw and kept listening carefully to try to 'make it fit,' but couldn't 'get it.' I had no problem playing any other part of the song and  bought the sheet music to see exactly why I was having problems. Better players would have just figured it out I suppose, but, hey, I can play it after a couple of weeks, so I am not a beginner and seem like a 'target' demographic: people who can learn basic songs in a couple of weeks or a month if they aren't too complicated. Please, on an future revision, consider being spot on with the chords over the lyrics or just skip it like in "Talking About A Revolution." I had no trouble with the latter when I found a play through online. (Again, I have been an advocate for play throughs on all songs to help people who don't have much time but want to learn songs quickly. I think beginners and intermediate players like me would pay for play throughs, especially when the original songs are loaded with effects, layers of vocals, or the original arrangements are different than those you are providing. I learn songs by playing with originals or play throughs to get the singing and playing down; otherwise, I'd be creating my own versions of the songs too easily by morphing them to fit whatever I was 'looking at,' especially at transition points or places where the vocal lines are quite at odds rhythmically with the guitar parts.)

Finally, thanks for all the great work you've done to help other people learn to play, coming at it from so many different angles! I've gotten more ideas and inspiration from your site than all the rest--including some other great sites.

Offline batwoman

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 33
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2017, 01:30:52 am »
I LOVE your books Justin. The more I read them, the more impressed I am with how clever you've been. I never fail to find gems and answers to the endless questions I have. You cater so well for so many levels and as  beginner I'm always inspired and motivated by the tantalising things I'll be able to do as I gain skills.

Book 2, page 142, That's Entertainment, Verse 4, line 3 'An amateur band rehearsing in a nearby yeard' When I listened to it, they sang 'yard' and that makes sense to me.

Offline curemat

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2017, 04:06:57 am »
2nd edition pg 61. Yellow Submarine strumming pattern in book is DDDUD on video it's DDDUDU

I know you could use both patterns just not sure if you wanted to know or not for any corrections.

Offline Wheelin Rev

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 5
  • 4-String Convert In-Process
    • DAT Ministries
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2017, 10:29:04 pm »
Hi Justin, in the Beginner's Songbook (Volume 2), on Page 7, third paragraph, fourth sentence.

"Keep a record of how times you make the change each session." should be:

"Keep a record of how many times you make the change each session."

Cheers! Dave
Rev. David E. Hamm
Severn, Maryland, USA (Skype ---> PastorDATM)
Guitars and Amps:
1978 Fender Precision Bass (Sold 1987)
2016 Squire Affinity Strat HSS by Fender (January 2017) with Marshall Code 50 Modelling Amp and Fender Frontman 15G Amp

Offline PeterU

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2017, 08:33:07 pm »
As good as the book is there are a few errors in the book lyrically for this classic. I've copied my amends so you can see where the changes are. Also why no thread for this?

Sent from my SM-G930F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Get The Forum As A Mobile App