Author Topic: Sacred  (Read 797 times)

Offline HawkSuddenStrike

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
Sacred
« on: July 19, 2011, 08:30:58 pm »
http://soundcloud.com/hawksuddenstrike/sacred-19-07-2011-possibly

This is the first song that I've ever finished. I've come up with dozens of ideas for songs before but I wasn't quite able to develop them to the end. I think this one worked well for a first. It's inspired by John Frusciante's solo albums. I guess that explains the attempts at head voice. Also, I used a desktop microphone. :D The lyrics are basically about a man unable to communicate to the outside world, damned to solitude.

Lyrics:
Where'd I find time for the sacred
Where'd I find time for the sacred times?
Trying to hold on to my many
Trying to hold on to my many lives
Whatever did I find in this place
Whatever did I find it's mine to hide
Held here captive in my own
Held here captive in my own mind

Can't make it out, less I find help
Can't make it out, on my own
I need some time, to define me
I need some place, to belong
The outer world, Another World

So, please tell me what you like about it and what you don't and give me some advice. :) Thanks!

Offline digger72

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 93
Re: Sacred
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 09:15:19 pm »
Hi hawk,

Good stuff. My kind of feel. Lyrics are down - which always appeals to me. Vocals sound a bit like you've got a cold though. But, hey, I know how hard vocals are - so I'm not going to criticise. The guitar has a nice build up. Production is clean, if a little thin sounding. Might be worth double tracking the guitar part if you did want to fatten the sound up a little. Depends what you are after. I'm a big believer in ploughing your own furrow - so you do what you like.
One thing is for sure, you'll get a lot of help and advice from within the forum. Might be worth posting in the Audio/video bit of the forum - that's where most songs are posted.

Keep at it. Keep writing.

All the best,

Digger

Get The Forum As A Mobile App