Author Topic: LievenDV's road case  (Read 4132 times)

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 115
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
Re: LievenDV's road case
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2019, 08:28:43 am »
Great update Leiven, boy things have changed and you sound ultra busy. Wish you good luck both with the band and the solo act. Only thing I'd say about Kaiser, is folks might think of it as a copy of the Kaiser Chiefs ................ just a thought. Thought about your explaining Lieven/Leven/To Live. How about just plain Leven, what better accolade than just living, its what we're all here for ?

Cheers

Toby
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline brianlarsen

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 51
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2019, 10:18:32 pm »
Hey ‘Leavin’ DV  ;)

I’m sure you’ve thought of this before, but when you’re choosing your stage name, make sure you do a good internet search for existing names- including across the pond.

Stef Kamil Carlens, the ex-bassist of one of my favourite bands, dEUS, from your neck of the woods, started up his own band Moondog Jr. He had to eventually change it because there was another (v. interesting) American musician going by the name Moondog.

I understand he chose the name of his band ‘Zita Swoon’ on the basis that it was unthinkable anyone else was performing under that name ;D

(Still kicking myself that I missed out on their Dublin/London gigs marking 20 yr anniversary of the Ideal Crash  :( )

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 154
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2019, 08:34:03 pm »

Stef Kamil Carlens, the ex-bassist of one of my favourite bands, dEUS, ...

oh yes I know him; he's a fellow lefty guitarist and he's a customer in the leftyguitars.be shop that I frequent as well.
He even played at the opening of that store :)

yeah picking a name that isn't yet chosen isn't so easy.
Haven't found too many risks for the "Kaiser"  name although I'm not 100% convinced myself...yet.

@tobyjenner:  Up till now, only one person (you) made the kaiser chiefs association. let's see if more follows.

my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 436
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2019, 09:10:58 pm »
I know you're going to be playing solo, but you could still pretend that you're fronting a band ...

Lieven & The Jet Planes

;)

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 154
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2019, 10:26:21 pm »
ok; so I decided on the name for the solo act
(Thanks again for everybody here, pitching ideas on my "mood board")

It's going to be Devil's Advocate

I'm an ENTP and typical for that kidn of people is that they are debaters that challenge ideas from different angles. Hence "Devil's Advocate"; because they often are.
because my last name and first name's initial say DVL and I like black and red, I gravitated towards it after a while.

Feel free to like on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DVLSDVCT

I bring my own interpretation of songs; sometimes close to the original, sometimes rather different.
With an edge, with a certain intimacy. with a bit of an act. I like to retell stories and make people focus on the story of the song. I do covers now but I would like to enrich it with orginals as I go.
Got some gigs down and some more to come and it's a good balance with the heavy metal I do in a band.
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 436
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2019, 10:42:44 pm »
I like it Lieven.
I think this could be a great step for you.
You have style and charisma and musicianship.
May the road rise to meet you.

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 237
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2019, 10:59:21 pm »
Good for you, Lieven, catchy and thought provoking to take that expression into a different context.

Do you have a matching outfit?

Like the FB and website.

Now all I'm looking for is some video footage from a DVLSDVCT gig.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 113
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2019, 01:44:22 am »
Thanks for the update Lieven. I've been wondering and now I don't have to any more. I think the name and the branding suits you well. Lots of scope for a logo, merch. Gave you a 'like' on FB. Enjoy every moment Mr ENTP, I'm an INFJ - a rare breed, less than 1% of the population, not often seen in captivity  ;D

Get The Forum As A Mobile App