Author Topic: Ordered it. Got it. Like it. Reviews, Comments etc.  (Read 106772 times)

Offline suzidownunder

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 9
Re: Ordered it. Got it. Like it. Reviews, Comments etc.
« Reply #270 on: April 12, 2016, 10:54:56 pm »
I've ordered the set of picks (I already have several books and a T shirt) I also just downloaded the book on theory. Best money spent ever!
BTW one of the books I ordered was left in our  postbox and was totally soaked with rain. Took a week to dry it out and the pages are curly but still useable! Posties don't seem to give a damn!

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Offline Amelie

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 23
« Reply #271 on: April 24, 2016, 12:53:41 am »
I love it. It has helped me so much.

Offline thomasnbec

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #272 on: August 17, 2016, 02:55:43 pm »
Ordered Tuesday delivered Wednesday
Brilliant service
Enjoying the course looking forward to using the books🤘🤘🤘

Offline batwoman

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 43
« Reply #273 on: August 23, 2016, 02:18:24 am »
My Beginners Songbook volume 1 has just arrived. I'm so excited  ;D. It's just perfect. You're a great teacher Justin and have a gift for explaining and demonstrating so clearly not only the technicalities of playing guitar, but the difficult to define musicality. I also appreciate your words of encouragement. I can hardly wait to get my guitar out and start playing. My only regret is I didn't buy this book three months ago when I first began and a raw beginner  :-\.  It would have made things so much easier. I will most certainly be buying more of your excellent merch. Thanks so very, very much Justin. Best wishes to you and you fam.  :)

Offline GeMir

• Good Vibes 0
  • Ich finde dich
    • Georg Mierau. Homepage
« Reply #274 on: August 29, 2016, 11:37:48 am »
I've got my Beginners Songbook (2nd edition, german version) last saturday. There are not really many songs I like, but I'm looking forward to be able to play these gems on my strat someday:
  • Johnny Cash — "I Walk The Line"
  • Edwyn Collins — "A Girl Like You"
  • Michael Andrews feat. Gary Jules — "Mad World"
  • John Lennon — "Working Class Hero"
  • Traditional — "House Of The Rising Sun"
  • Metallica — "Nothing Else Matters"
  • Sting — "Fields Of Gold"
  • Simon & Garfunkel — "The Sound Of Silence"
  • The Cranberries — "Zombie"
Squier Affinity HSS Strat, Blackstar ID:Core 10

Offline Omar

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 51
  • I'm stubborn...so is my guitar...
« Reply #275 on: August 29, 2016, 01:31:35 pm »
It is good to have the book in front of you to practice songs after watching videos. I wished the book contains a blank page for each song to add your notes.

I highly recommend it  :)

Offline aramchek

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #276 on: March 24, 2017, 06:34:21 pm »
This book has an awesome song selection and the opposite page has nice tips and tricks for each song. It would be nice to have some more riffs on the opposite page, but I guess since it's a beginner book, it makes sense. Also - I guess it's on purpose so you learn the song, but it's hard to sing along with the verses because the chords are only on the first verse.

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 97
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #277 on: March 24, 2017, 06:37:46 pm »
Aramchek

First welcome to the forum. Not clear what level you're playing at but I'll take it that you are most likely a beginner so apologies if I'm wrong.

Yes the Beginner's songbooks are great and are designed to support the progressive stages of Justin's Beginner's Course. I get what you are saying about not having the chords for each verse or chorus but that also goes in hand with Justin's lesson/advice on singing and playing - see here

https://www.justinguitar.com/en/TE-901-SingingAndPlaying.php

this is to know how to play the song so well that you don't have to think about it, which makes singing along that much easier. Having said that, its easier said than done. Its another skill set you need to learn.
Have a look at the lesson above if you've not seen it before.

Toby
 8)
BC Mar 2013 to Jan 2015 IM April 2015 to Mar 2016
Currently consolidating IM then Blues Rhythm & MTMS
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
TOBY JENNER’S CAS DE LA ROUTE / ROADCASE
https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg339454

Offline aramchek

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #278 on: March 30, 2017, 08:45:44 pm »
Thanks for the comment, Toby. That lesson makes a lot of sense. I had just jumped in before I memorized either the words or the chord progressions, of course, and started playing all the songs in the book and singing along with my wife.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 06:41:03 am by close2u »

Offline MPetten

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #279 on: June 27, 2017, 02:36:15 am »
I'm so glad I ordered the beginner's songbook! Great motivation being able to have great songs to choose from as I progress. I'm only on stage one but this book is just what I needed to keep me motivated. The video lessons are great but having the printed page in front of me is a huge help.
Guitars: Ibanez GIO GART60, GWL Acoustic mini jumbo, Squier Affinity Telecaster
Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 15, Orange Micro Crush 3W

Offline DevonS

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #280 on: May 06, 2018, 03:43:19 am »
Love the site, love the videos, love the lessons. Because I'm a tech guy and wanted instant gratification, I got my copy from Google Play Books. One practise session with the laptop in front of me and I regretted it. I then also discovered that you can't print the book or pages from it. I hacked my way around that, but it's not optimal. So be warned, paper is still better for some things.

Does anyone know if I can get a discount on a hard copy since I bought the software one already?   ;)
P.S. I also donate monthly  ;D
Fender Modern Player Tele-plus, Fender Mustang I amp. Old Yamaha acoustic.  Over 40, playing since Nov '17, at Stage 7.  Woooo!

Online joueur de guitare

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 24
« Reply #281 on: May 06, 2018, 09:02:47 am »

I suspect that Justin doesn't make much (any?) money from Google Play.

I then also discovered that you can't print the book or pages from it. I hacked my way around that,

Er...
Guitars. Fender Highway 1 Tele: Fender Shortboard LE Mustang: Ibanez AS73 semi-hollow: Ibanez SR370 bass: Squier Affinity Strat: Squier Jagmaster.

Offline Sc0rn3d

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #282 on: June 12, 2018, 02:22:38 am »
I just received the beginner's pack and can't believe how compact the beginner's book is because you look at it being roughly an inch thick and realize the next 9 months of your journey are contained in that 1 inch of book...I really enjoy the easy book tabs(not guitar tabs), each lesson is super easy to find with indications on each page over which stage it is. 

Thank you so much for not using color in the book and keeping it as simple to read as possible. I always feel like people who add a lot of color to an instructional book are trying to cover something up, minus those rare times where it is needed, of course...The spiral binding was an amazing choice, it makes flipping through pages easier and since you are most likely leaving the book opened at a certain page for a while it won't wear the book. The song book is compact but contains a ton of songs (10 songs per lesson(9) plus 10 bonus songs).

Anyways, I'm so happy I ordered the set and wanted to get it out of my system. I can't thank everyone enough who worked on this material and appreciate the talent of everyone involved(including the community regulars). I look forward to purchasing the intermediate one in the future as well.

For the record, it was super fast delivery. I live in central U.S. and ordered it Thursday evening (June 7th) and received it today (June 11th). Even though I paid for expedited shipping I was surprised it showed up so quickly.

I would comment on the strumming DVD as well but even though I have watched it I didn't give it the proper amount of attention. I will try to give a comment once I've properly watched it. From what I can tell initially there is a ton of useful advice and content, which is obvious because it's Justin. The set also came with a ton of downloadable content which included all of the offline beginner lessons videos, strumming DVD and more. Any-who...I talk too much I guess but there was a lot to say.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App