Author Topic: RF-019 • Black Dog - Led Zeppelin  (Read 10752 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:13:59 am by Indigo »
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

z0s0

Re: RF-019 • Black Dog - Led Zeppelin
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 08:50:42 pm »
hey, can someone give the counting for the second bar when the riff starts on the beat ?  I know it sounds really stupid to ask something like that, but it seems i do something wrong and get confused - for some reason i can't get the counting for the second bar right, i watched the video many times but i don't know why i can't get it ???  any help will be really appreciated :)

okrasa

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 02:44:13 am »
Hi Justin,

I've been trying like forever to get this riff right and play it to the beat (backing track) but always stumble on the beginning, my hand xx--xx out and doesn't do as I think especially if I don't snc to to beat as it starts. :o

I also can't nail the change over from the lower part inbetween from the 6th ( lower E) when it goes back to A 5th then right into the main riff. THe beat always throws me off. I can play the riff OK solo but not with the band.

Is there anyone out there with suggestions/ideas how to get it right? ::)

Offline jesseJay

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 10:27:59 pm »
Hi! Justin recommends to use the "rolling-technique" at some notes. Espec. on the change b->g string note (2nd part of the Riff) I fee it easier to use a "mini-bar" instead. Makes it any difference? Thanks a lot! Jürgen

Offline shadowscott007

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 119
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 04:48:53 am »
The only difference I can think up is that the notes are less likely to ring together if you roll them... with a mini bar both strings can ring at once... with a roll you are coming off on one note and going on to another... so the roll may sound a bit cleaner.

Shadow
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline jesseJay

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 09:07:21 pm »

Hi Shadow!
I see what you mean. But then, it might be the cleanest and fastest way to play a mini-bar in the first place and then to release the actual ringing note on the b-string from the bar when going to the g-string note This way you do not have to take care about an accurate positioning of the playing finger in order to get the "roll" right. Would you agree? Thanks again !

Jürgen

Get The Forum As A Mobile App