Author Topic: Need help with Naming my Epic Instrumental! (Its a sandmarx-song btw)  (Read 6976 times)

Offline marcusmarkmus

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 68
  • \,,/ SandmarX \,,/
    • my guitar playing videos! =) check them out!
http://www.4shared.com/audio/qb9igUMy/Instrumentalen_Done.html

Okay, so, this an instrumental, but it has no good name, and I've been trying to come up with one while recording and mixing it, but I cant come up with anyting, and now we are going to "release" it, but I cant do that without a name! please help? :P

I've been thinking like something adventureous og travelling thingy thing, since it makes me think of that. But I dont know. Maybe some wordplay on the bandname, sandmarx, like marks in the sand, or something with sand, I dont know.
You are the first in the world to hear this btw! :O (Even my dad has not heard yet!!)

(This is not just my plan for getting you all to listen to my song! Well..maybe a little...but I really need a name! :P )

And feedback on the song if you want is also appriciated. And if you think it starts off a little to hard, there are softer parts later :)
Some crazy leadguitar going on here too.
My band on Facebook: Sandmarx
on youtube: SandmarxTube

Offline jerronimo3000

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 2
hmm.......How about the Epic Instrumental Song?  nah, that won't work.... ???

Offline irishalkies

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 36
(This is not just my plan for getting you all to listen to my song! Well..maybe a little...but I really need a name! :P )

'Ulterior Motives' 'cos that what you've got here.  ;D

Oh aye, and don't forget to call it Part I. Gotta do that with instrumentals in case you come back later on and add some vocals for Part II.  ;D

Nice track Marcus btw.

Offline Endureth

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 49
"Running with the Desert Fox" - Might be misinterpreted as a tribute to Erwin Rommel
"In the Desert with the Devil" - Kids like song names with devil in the title
"Sand Tornado" - I thought Sandmarx was a combination of your name and Sandra's name so this might not work.
"Tornado" - It's pretty fast paced so maybe just Tornado.  Gives you lots of room to work with when you do the video ;)
"Wicked Storm" - I live in Maine, we say wicked every other word.  Storm came from EVH Fan's post below.

I'm terrible with names.  The only good name I've ever come up with is my daughter's name.

I like it though.  Seems short for an epic instrumental.  When I think epic metal songs I think of Metallica or Iron Maiden who both had a few really epic metal songs usually around 7-8 minutes in length.  Even Electric Light Orchestra had some good rocking instrumentals that ran close to 10 minutes.

Don't get me wrong though, I really dug it.  It would definitely go on my iPod if I had one.

I'm listening to it for the second time already.

edit:

I've listened to this like 10 times now.  I really, really like it.  Very professional sounding too.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:59:34 am by Endureth »

EVH Fan

I would name it Jealousy, because I'm jealous that I can't play that good :D

And Endureth posted before I got to and I liked his storm ideas. So I thought of Eye of the Storm.

Offline Tourniquet

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 72
  • Time exists in abundance until it runs out
On the theme of travel

"Beyond the horizon"
"Riding the edge of the world"
"Twisted grip" (rather depends if you're into Motorcycles at all)
"Fractured ground"
"Asphalt rivers"

Nice piece ;) particularly like the arabic theme that you run with for a bit around the 2:10 mark.
       Road Case        Singing Primer guide

Offline gareth51

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 11
Superb track.  I like that a lot.  The only name I can think of right now is "Gods of Thunder".  

You are from Norway aren't you?  How about "Thor"?  
Agile AL-3100, Aria STG-003, Tanglewood TFA XB, Blackstar HT-5R
YouTube  Roadcase Soundcloud

Offline sid

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 4
Man! Pure awesomeness! Really liked this one, have to bookmark it so I can come back to it later :P

Was that phrygian mode at around 2:10? Sounds like it to my ears at least :o

Offline digger72

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 96
Hi Marcus,

First of all - Awesome.
Totally different from your group work.
The title I've come up has probably been used a thousand times, but it seems to fit. "The Odyssey" - not necessarily as a tribute to Homer's book, but as a long journey.

Brilliant all round.

Digger

Offline rainwoman

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 17
No ideas for naming this piece at the moment, but just to tell you - IT'S GREAT!
"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." A. de Saint-Exupéry

Offline marcusmarkmus

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 68
  • \,,/ SandmarX \,,/
    • my guitar playing videos! =) check them out!
Re: Need help with Naming my Epic Instrumental! (Its a sandmarx-song btw)
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 01:12:39 pm »
YES!! Thanks! Really good suggestions!
Straight away I like "wicked storm" since Wicked sensation by lynch mob is one of my favourite songs! :P
and "Beyond the horizon" also really fits my feelings. Reminds me of the end for Pirates of the Carebbean 1 :D
Thank you! :)

Oh aye, and don't forget to call it Part I. Gotta do that with instrumentals in case you come back later on and add some vocals for Part II.
Interesting idea, very dream theater-ish, might do this in the future! :)

Was that phrygian mode at around 2:10? Sounds like it to my ears at least
I dont know, since I dont know the phyrigan mode, but the frets are(A-string) 7th, 8th, 11th, 12th, 14th and 15th. (with the octave also played on the G string)

You are from Norway aren't you?  How about "Thor"? 
haha, well..hmm...not this one...but now I want to make a song and call it Thor :P

I like it though.  Seems short for an epic instrumental.  When I think epic metal songs I think of Metallica or Iron Maiden who both had a few really epic metal songs usually around 7-8 minutes in length.  Even Electric Light Orchestra had some good rocking instrumentals that ran close to 10 minutes.
Yeah, this was my thoughts too, but the others in the band convinced me to cut down on alot of parts to make it shorter. I think they were afraid of making it too long and boring, and that made me afraid that it was too long and boring. But maybe, as mentioned before, I can make a part II :D

And thanks for the nice feeback! :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:17:59 pm by marcusmarkmus »
My band on Facebook: Sandmarx
on youtube: SandmarxTube

Offline sid

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 4
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 02:52:33 pm »
Aha, if that 7th fret, note A is your root, then it's phrygian dominant. 5th mode of harmonic minor scale :P
I so love those 2 scales ^^

Offline jerronimo3000

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 04:00:35 pm »
While reading all of the other suggestions I thought of "sandstorm".  Stormy and related to your band name  :)

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 435
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 07:29:54 pm »
you've got some great ideas for names already ...

wow

what a rock tune

staggering
and you've got the ability to pull off some really fast legato just at the right moments too
awesome

Offline rainwoman

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 17
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 07:46:19 pm »
Just given another run to your epic instrumental and it brought on my mind some galaxy association ...so how about this: Supernova :)
"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." A. de Saint-Exupéry

Get The Forum As A Mobile App