Author Topic: Youtube Videos  (Read 1357 times)

Offline PattheBunny

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 84
Youtube Videos
« on: May 24, 2011, 05:06:16 pm »
If I wanted to record myself doing a song for YouTube can I do it with just the camera in my Mac?  Does anyone know how to use Garage Band with video?  Or where to go to find out?   I have a Focusrite Saffire 4 interface which I'm just learning how to use.  Technologically challenged here.  Anyone do this?   If I can Skype video calls I know it's possible.  I just can't quite connect the dots......

Pat
Realism is relative.

Offline diademgrove

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 45
Re: Youtube Videos
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 08:31:53 pm »
Pat,

not sure if you got a reply, or are still interested. I make my videos from just my digital camera. I save the film to my hard drive. I used to use windows movie maker (I know you have a mac) but know I've upgraded my compuer and got Nero platinum 10 which has a movie making facility. I get rid of all the sound on the film using virtal dub and import the song as an audio file into the film. I then save the completed film as an avi file and upload to youtube. Its easier to see then explain in words. If you have any questions then just ask.

Diadem

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
Re: Youtube Videos
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 07:07:30 pm »
Hey Pat!

you really knocking again very good sound if you try and do it that way, you almost certainly better off using a video camera, or recording video with a regular camera (most of the nice Digi SLR's have that feature these days) and then editing in iMovie. It's pretty easy to learn to do the editing and you will find that the sound should be a lot better.

The next step up if you won or improve the sound would be the use one of those digital dictaphone is like the Olympus 1, or any other sort of audio recording device, and then putting that audio with the video clip before you start the edit. My take your little while to learn how to sync up but when you do you will have a lot better quality clip!!

hopeful is going well with the songwriting, and be hitting that area very soon ;)
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Get The Forum As A Mobile App