Author Topic: LK-015 • Falling Legato  (Read 4446 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 151
    • justinguitar.com
LK-015 • Falling Legato
« on: April 16, 2011, 09:29:19 am »
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:21:28 am by Indigo »
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

anjin

Re: LK-015 • Falling Legato
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 04:19:17 pm »
H i! Great Lick!

I have a problem with messy strings (below the played tone) - when I hammer on - i got some messy sounds apart of the right tone - how can get rid of this?

Thanks for the great web site!

Offline Jonny5

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 11:46:35 am »
With legato stuff it's crucial to mute the other strings above and below. There's more than one way to do this but what seems easiest is to position your index finger so that the tip touches the string below and rests lightly across any higher strings. Justin covers this in his rock legato series, check it out if you haven't already. Another nice habit to get in to is to have the fleshy part of your hand at the base of your thumb lightly touching any string lower than the one you're playing. Of course if you're actually hitting another string when you hammer on you just need to be more accurate.

ryghar

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 08:00:19 pm »
Awesom lick!! Sounds great!
Im very interested in learn it in context like you do with the backtrack. Can you trascribe that part (that kind of solo)? I what scale youre playing and over what chords?

Thanks so much!!!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App