Author Topic: Modes  (Read 4006 times)

JJ1990

Modes
« on: March 24, 2011, 10:03:19 pm »
Hello everyone :-)

I'm not really an active forum member, but I do have a question.

In the product page of RUPAT it mentions something about Modes. More specific: ( Quote ) "It then gives you modal backing tracks (the same as used in the 'Introducing Modes' DVD but twice a long".

I'm not really familiar with modes. I know what they are but I don't know how to effectively use them in soloing, or actually what's really the difference in sound with a normal Major scale. As my quote mentions a "Introducing Modes" DVD, but I can't find it on the products page, seems to me like that would be a big help to me, but it's not there.

What happened to that DVD, was it supposed to come out, but never came, or did the sales end ? If so, could anyone give me some good tips on effectively using modes into soloing.

Thanks in advance,

JJ

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 331
Re: Modes
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 11:03:33 pm »
There are many threads on modes in the forum.

As well as Lesson SC-101  thru SC-116

Gone

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 08:47:14 am »
The DVD was filmed but we were not happy with the vid quality so it was shelved.

I plan to re-film at some point. Meanwhile the lessons TB mentioned above should help!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

JJ1990

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 11:30:30 am »
Alright, been reading your Modes lessons as mentioned by TB, making some progress right now. Thanks for your reply :-)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 06:35:15 pm »
 the re-filming of the modes DVD is planned for the 1st few months of 2012 :)

should start filming real soon!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Get The Forum As A Mobile App