Author Topic: Which browser?  (Read 5000 times)

Online Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 171
  • Is on the Outside, looking in
Re: Which browser?
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2011, 03:43:49 pm »
Adobe FLASH close, shockwave and flash are now owned by Adobe ;-)
Just do as i suggested : uninstall flash, shockwave and ANY instances of java, clean out the registry (try ccleaner) then get new installers for all of them and reinstall them.
I'll bet it'll help at least a little bit.
"You need a little bit of insanity to do great things"
--Henry Rollins

(If you need me for something, PM ME FOR FSM'S SAKE ! I'm not around a lot, and I do NOT have thread notifications on!)

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 433
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2011, 04:24:20 pm »
I'll try that and report back
thanks Dan

:)

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2011, 10:34:38 pm »
Close,
Just a quick thought on this end...
Just noticed something and I do not think it is your problem but you might get some perforamance gain from this little deal. Is your Ram DDR? Your "3.00GB RAM" is an odd amount and possibly another stick would ballance out the load there. Do you have 4 rambo slots? If it is DDR Ram and if a slott is open I would consider adding one more stick of RAM. Are you running 32 a 32 bit OS? If by chance you are up in 64 bit land that extra RAM will help there as well.

LB
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 433
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2011, 10:46:46 pm »
@ Dan

Ok

all of those programs uninstalled and installed again

pale moon running

full ccleaner done

custom scan done

all seems much better and tabs are opening with no hanging ... seems good

@ LBro

I'm not sure what that all means .. I know it's 32 bit ... don't know about the DDR or Rambo slots

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2011, 11:08:11 pm »
I should stop my slang Close... I mean RAM slotts. Sorry I do see you said 32 bit now below as well and Vista. Hum.... is this a clone computer or a brand one that has a model number? If you supply that I will look up the Ram specs for ya... Dan might know it off the top of his head though if He is around. Sufice to say DDR RAM runs best in sets... of 2 normally unless something passed me by. On mother boards with 4 slotts you are normaly better off populationg either 2 slots or 4. But normaly in sets of 2. Matched set is even better.

Here is a bit on DDR:
"Short for Double Data Rate-Synchronous DRAM, a type of SDRAM that supports data transfers on both edges of each clock cycle (the rising and falling edges), effectively doubling the memory chip's data throughput. DDR-SDRAM also consumes less power, which makes it well-suited to notebook computers. DDR-SDRAM is also called SDRAM II. and DDRAM."
Reff: Webopedia...
Note the importand thing here is DDR Ram needs 2 sticks together to do it's magic throughput doubling.

LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 433
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2011, 11:12:43 pm »
this is the laptop & specs

Samsung R519 15.6in Laptop V2.
Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor T4200.  2GHz processor speed.  1MB cache.  3GB DDR2 RAM.  15.6in screen size.  Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.  Widescreen.  250GB hard drive.  DVD Super Multi Dual Layer optical drive.  Intel GMA 4500M (Int. Graphic) graphics.  Shared Memory (Int. Graphic) graphics.  Media card reader - compatible with 3-in-1 (SD, SDHC, MMC).  3 x USB 2.0 ports.  1 x Ethernet ports.  HD (High Definition) Audio.  0.3Mp webcam.  802.11b/g wireless enabled.  Windows Vista Home Premium.  Software included: Adobe Acrobat Reader, Easy Battery Manager, Easy Display Manger, Easy Network Manager, Easy SpeedUp Manager, Samsung Magic Doctor, Samsung Update Plus.

Offline irishalkies

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 36
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2011, 11:28:38 pm »
I remember I had the same problem as you Close. Wishbone and Dan told me to do the Java uninstall/reinstall thing and it sorted it out straight away. I make sure I only keep the latest versions these days.

http://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=22116.0

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2011, 11:43:10 pm »
Close,
Not sure if your V2 = Samsung R519-FA02 Notebook which is what I found and what I think is an original one without any FA02 or V2 behind it was made as well.

For the FA02 - the specs are as as follows:
Standard Memory: 1 GB  (Removable)  or
2 GB  (Removable)   
Maximum Memory: 4 GB   
Expansion: 2 Sockets   
CPU & ChipSet: Intel Pentium Dual Core  2.1  GHz   Intel GL40
Bus Architecture: Flash - SDHC; SSD - SATA 2.5-inch 9.5mm; USB 
Mfgr's System P/N's: NP-R519-FA02FR; NP-R519-FA02HK; NP-R519-FA02UK; NP-R519-JA08UK; NP-R519-JA0CUK; NP-R519-JAE1UK; NP-R519-XA03PL 
Comments  If 4GB is installed, the recognized memory may be reduced to 3.5GB or less (depending on system configuration and memory allocation). 

M25664G60 = Kingston part number.
2GB DDR2-800 Module = The upgrade RAM module if upon opening up the notebook memory compartment it is found to be as I suspect.

More than likely with your 32 bit OS you will not see it doing much with an extra GB of RAM. I think right now you memory is:
1 2GB RAM Module
&
1 1GB RAM Module
3 GB total... You may see a bit of a performance increase by replacing the 1 GB memory module with a 2 GB module.

Again this is not your main problem, but it might help some. Now a days with RAM so low in cost you might look into it deeper. I did a quick search and found that RAM at less than $30 mer module!

Lets see what Dan and others think on this one.

LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2011, 11:48:59 pm »
Close,
Another upgrade to consider would be this:
Storage  HDD  250GB (5,400rpm S-ATA)

If you are doing a lot of DAW work with recordings, video work and other disk intensive stuff a 7,200 RPM Hard Disk would help out there as well. You could add more space, speed and still be under $60 for this upgrade. I did notice a difference when I did this upgrade on my notebook.

LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Online Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 171
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2011, 11:57:46 pm »
I think that with his browsing problem solved, we don't need to muck about with his system anymore.
Also, he most likely has 2 1.5 gig sticks of RAM in there, something i've seen a few times before in DDR2 using laptops.
I know close also has a desktop so i don't feel like telling him to go and change bits on the lappy.
--Henry Rollins

(If you need me for something, PM ME FOR FSM'S SAKE ! I'm not around a lot, and I do NOT have thread notifications on!)

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2011, 12:03:54 am »
Thanks Dan,
Did not know about the desktop.... Hum, I have not seen much 1.5 GB Ram modules before!
Sounds like standing pat is a good deal then.

LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Online Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 171
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2011, 12:09:05 am »
Yeah, it's easy to skip over, i figured i'd mention it and save you some time, i think he might have several PC's, much like me and TB-AV (and a few others, i suspect)  ;)
And yeah, they're the odd ones out, those 1½ gig sticks of RAM (technically they're over 1½, but meh), but i've seen it happen before on laptops.
--Henry Rollins

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 433
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2011, 10:14:47 am »
I said all was working well ... just hit one snag ... on the PC I use a wireless mouse ... the side buttons for back and forward no longer work in pale moon ... I did a quick search in pale moon FAQs and found something about add-ons ... is this the problem?

Online Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 171
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2011, 10:42:57 am »
Could be close, my mouse worked fine before on firefox and still works fine on pale moon...
Maybe a driver issue ?
Tried updating the mouse drivers/controlling software ? (if it's a logitech mouse make sure setpoint is up to date)
--Henry Rollins

Offline thepicnicband

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 21
  • London, UK
    • YouTube Picnic Band Channel
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2011, 11:21:26 pm »
I'm happy with Firefox 3. I'm just dreading having to "upgrade" one day. It runs nice and fast and all my addons (28 of them) work just fine.  :)
Ben
Epiphone AJ500RE, Takamine EG523SC, Vintage VE2000GG-12, Tanglewood MR750F, Vintage V100WR, Epiphone Sheraton II, Marshall AS100D Acoustic Amp, Marshall Lead 12 Mini-Stack

Get The Forum As A Mobile App