Author Topic: Crazy Paving - original by me  (Read 6035 times)

Offline Ragz

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 35
  • Resident Spurs fan
    • Reliable Web Hosting @ 1&1
Crazy Paving - original by me
« on: January 17, 2011, 05:44:16 am »
http://www.4shared.com/audio/Ga9NpA9C/Crazy_Paving.html

As always, i had to rush to prevent the kids from destroying any progress i made.
Everything on this one is done by me. Drums are a bit off at times, as i'm still not used to drumming with this little LPD8 drum pad thing. Would be much easier if i just bought a proper kit.
But overall, it's come out pretty good i think.

Only thing missing is a nice bass line. But i don't have a bass. Someone's giving it a bash for me though, to see what he can come up with. Hopefully he'll get something recorded and i'll update when that's done.

Enjoy.

EVH Fan

Re: Crazy Paving - original by me
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 07:23:03 am »
I really like it. Your playing sounded nice and I liked the solo, the delay made it really good. Kinda makes me jealous because if I use delay I ruin my sound haha. Nice voice too, it fit the song really well. And I didn't really notice it not having a bass line at first, but I would like to hear what it would sound like with a bass line since you mentioned it.

But I was hoping for an 80s power ballad style solo in the beginning though :D

Offline Bootstrap

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
  • Never yield.
    • The Tale Of Bootstrap
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 11:43:03 am »
Nice one Ragz!
The best guitar is the one you have in your hands
Road Case last update 11 Mar 2012

JimLad

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 01:47:33 pm »
that was pretty damn cool.

i dont have the confidence to write and/or sing lyrics so well done on that front.

Offline Ragz

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 35
  • Resident Spurs fan
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 03:28:25 pm »
I really like it. Your playing sounded nice and I liked the solo, the delay made it really good. Kinda makes me jealous because if I use delay I ruin my sound haha. Nice voice too, it fit the song really well. And I didn't really notice it not having a bass line at first, but I would like to hear what it would sound like with a bass line since you mentioned it.

But I was hoping for an 80s power ballad style solo in the beginning though :D
usually i would agree with you, delays can make or break something a lot of the time i find. You have to have just the right application for it or it makes it sound horrible.
hmm, power ballad solo at the start. That's not out of the question and now you mention it, i like the idea of that. I'll mess with it and see what happens :)
Thanks EVH.

Nice one Ragz!
Cheers mate

that was pretty damn cool.

i dont have the confidence to write and/or sing lyrics so well done on that front.
Jim, glad you liked it. That confidence is hiding that's all. If you can play, you can write. Just have to wait for the right moments to get a song written and working.
There's a song in you, waiting to be played. Don't hold back :)

Offline diademgrove

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 45
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 03:56:41 pm »
Played it a couple of times. I really enjoyed it, reminded me of  Neil Young, early to mid-70s. I found the rhythm guitar a little trebly, but maybe that's my taste.

Shame about yesterday.

Offline Ragz

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 35
  • Resident Spurs fan
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 04:49:04 pm »
Played it a couple of times. I really enjoyed it, reminded me of  Neil Young, early to mid-70s. I found the rhythm guitar a little trebly, but maybe that's my taste.

Shame about yesterday.

The treble is a bit more than i expected. It's due to my P90's on my Agile 3000. I didn't realise how much extra top end they add. They're so responsive and just have this extra dimension that i never thought they could achieve until i heard them when i played the guitar. I'll see if i can remix it with a little EQ and knock the treble down a notch. I think it's much more noticeable since there's no bass guitar in there too. That would help to offset the top end i expect.

(and no, a 0-0 draw isn't a shame. It's excellent. Better to draw against those bar stewards than to lose :) )

Glad you enjoyed the tune though. Thanks for giving it a listen (or 3).
Another person saying i remind them of Neil Young. I must be on to something here. Seems everything i post has something in it that makes ppl think of him.
There is a bigger influence in this song though that i think stands out a lot more. But i'll leave that for people to see if they pick up on it (and it's not surprising it's there since they happen to be my favourite band ever since i was about 6 years old).

Offline diademgrove

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 45
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 05:02:24 pm »
(and no, a 0-0 draw isn't a shame. It's excellent. Better to draw against those bar stewards than to lose :) )

Should have won though, by far the better team, from what I heard on the radio.

Looking forward to a re-mix, if possible. You could also turn up the mids on the guitar and/or amp, which is what I've started to do. Sounds funny on its own, until you get used to it, but seems to sit a little better in the recording when everything else is added in.

Offline Ragz

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 35
  • Resident Spurs fan
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 05:19:31 pm »

Should have won though, by far the better team, from what I heard on the radio.

Looking forward to a re-mix, if possible. You could also turn up the mids on the guitar and/or amp, which is what I've started to do. Sounds funny on its own, until you get used to it, but seems to sit a little better in the recording when everything else is added in.
thanks for the tip. I'll try that

Offline gareth51

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 11
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 05:25:00 pm »
There is a bigger influence in this song though that i think stands out a lot more. But i'll leave that for people to see if they pick up on it (and it's not surprising it's there since they happen to be my favourite band ever since i was about 6 years old).
I thought there was an REM influence in there.  I am sure I said that about one of your other songs - or was it a song be somebody else, I can't remember now.  Must be going senile.   ???
Agile AL-3100, Aria STG-003, Tanglewood TFA XB, Blackstar HT-5R
YouTube  Roadcase Soundcloud

Offline Ragz

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 35
  • Resident Spurs fan
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 02:54:23 pm »
I thought there was an REM influence in there.  I am sure I said that about one of your other songs - or was it a song be somebody else, I can't remember now.  Must be going senile.   ???
nope, if there's any sort of REM influence it's coincidence :) I like some REM stuff, but have never really gotten past the few singles i've heard of theirs.

I've changed the track at the beginning now. I didn't like the drums being there right from the very start. So took out a couple of bars

Offline irishalkies

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 36
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 10:24:11 pm »
I enjoyed that one Ragz. Nice one fella.

I thought the vocals were a bit on the quiet side though. I couldn't pick out your lyrics mate.

jonreynir

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 11:05:47 pm »
nice song...  :)

jase67

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 11:42:56 pm »
From that intro I found myself singing "I come from down in the valley where mister when you're young. They bring you up to do like your daddy done"

Good song it reminds me of lots of songs without sounding like one in particular, which is the best way.

Offline Ragz

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 35
  • Resident Spurs fan
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 12:08:26 am »
I enjoyed that one Ragz. Nice one fella.

I thought the vocals were a bit on the quiet side though. I couldn't pick out your lyrics mate.

Are you having a joke at my expense? lol the vocals are louder than the rest i thought

nice song...  :)
Thank you. Glad you liked it.

From that intro I found myself singing "I come from down in the valley where mister when you're young. They bring you up to do like your daddy done"

Good song it reminds me of lots of songs without sounding like one in particular, which is the best way.

Never thought it would remind anyone of a Springsteen song lol. But i gave that song a listen (never heard it before) and i can see where the comparison was made.
Glad you found it made you think of many songs but didn't sound like any specific ones completely.

thanks for the comments guys.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App