Author Topic: Jam Blues chords  (Read 3968 times)

Paul J

Jam Blues chords
« on: December 09, 2010, 01:15:15 am »
I just bought the Jam Blues tracks, and they are awesome!  Did you ever put tabs together for the chords?  Or maybe do a video?  I can solo pretty good, but my biggest hang up with jamming (and transcription) is chords, and where to play them on the neck.  I pretty much only do basic chunka-chunka and bar chords.  Like, I can do an A7 everywhere, but it's really hard to know where you are doing them without seeing it.  Also, the cool slides into 9ths and stuff, I'm just not always sure that I get that when I'm listening.  I for one would be interested in a chord course like the Jam Tracks, even be willing to buy a course for that!  That would really help me!  Thanks for whatever help you can share! 

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 136
    • justinguitar.com
Re: Jam Blues chords
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 04:35:24 pm »
 this post is pretty late, but I hope you found the blues rhythm guitar course :)
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline dajazzman

• Good Vibes 0
Re: Jam Blues chords
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 06:43:59 am »
Yes I was wondering the same thing. The Jam Blues series is a perfect place for transcribing practice on chords in a band situation. It's not so much the quality of the chord that's hard to get, but the extension and the Inversion that's being played. If an Amin is being played trying to hear if it's an Amin7 and where on the neck is it being played. Yes I'm very familiar with chord construction and harmonizing the scale with chords, but the Jam Blues would be a great companion to the Really Useful Blues Solo transcribing course and the chord progressions for practice are already there, just need something to verify that I transcribed the right chord extension and Inversion.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App