Author Topic: IM-127 • Songs for Foundation 2  (Read 5812 times)

Offline nephisto2

• Good Vibes 0
Re: IM-127 • Songs for Foundation 2
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 12:44:20 am »
Hey, there. Just to let whoever it may concern know, the easy notation songs links are not there anymore. :(

Cheers!

Offline BCDC

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 08:46:44 pm »
I too am struggling to find songs to play. I have tried the suggestion to simply take songs learned from the BC and play them using barre chords, BUT, I haven't found this particularly helpful.

For example, I love playing 'Last Kiss' by Pearl Jam. The Chord progression is G Em C D. So, if I am to play this song using E-shaped Barre chords, I am going from fret 3 to 12 to 8 to 10. It doesn't sound very good at all. Playing Em and D seems impossible to me too, and these chords are in the wrong octave.

Alternatively, I have also tried songs that do not use chords above the 8th fret. For example, "Home" by Philips Philips that have the following chords -- C F G Am. Again, the C and Am chords are in the wrong octave, and it sounds horrible.

What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something?

Offline jono

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 08:57:58 pm »
If you haven't done the A shape barre yet you can mix the E shape barre with open chords. So with last kiss only use the  barre   for the G chord.

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline BCDC

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 09:01:12 pm »
Ahhhhh. The penny just dropped!
So, only use barre chords for the BC songs for those chords that make sense (i.e., in the same octave!).
Right!!!!!!! that makes perfect sense! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App