Author Topic: IM-125 • Intermediate Rhythm Guitar 2  (Read 35400 times)

Offline guitar65riff

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 2
Re: IM-125 • Intermediate Rhythm Guitar 2
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2016, 09:21:19 am »
I never foot tapped.... But did a lot of head banging ;)

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Offline pumukk

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2016, 05:32:37 pm »
Hi guys, I need some advice. I have a little injury in my right arm, it´s a tendinitis and the doctor told me it´s going be there forever. Good news I still can play the guitar but the 16th strumming (1e&a....4e&a) its too heavy for me. I can play it until 80bpm. And here is the question: What´s the "average" bmp in 16th strumming pattern a good guitar player has to be able to play?
(sorry for my bad English if there is any mistake and thanks!)

Offline jtbrown1

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2016, 06:41:01 pm »
Hi guys, I need some advice. I have a little injury in my right arm, it´s a tendinitis and the doctor told me it´s going be there forever. Good news I still can play the guitar but the 16th strumming (1e&a....4e&a) its too heavy for me. I can play it until 80bpm. And here is the question: What´s the "average" bmp in 16th strumming pattern a good guitar player has to be able to play?
(sorry for my bad English if there is any mistake and thanks!)
Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear about your injury. Is the injury in your wrist or elbow?

One if the faster songs with 16th note strumming I can think of is the U2 song Desire. Justin has a lesson on that song, so see if you're able to keep up with that strumming speed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Offline SiegeFrog

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 18
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2016, 11:47:42 pm »
It's really dependent on the style of music. Something like Bon Jovi's Dead or Alive is 70-75 BPM 16th note, but a punk song or metal (Green Day or Metallica) might be pumping 8's well over 100. The thing is that as you go to faster tempo you tend to use more of a wrist motion and less elbow movement. Is the injury in your wrist or elbow?
Fender Squier Affinity HSS Stratocaster
Fender Mustang 1
Seagull Maritime SWS CW SG QI

Started BC January, 2014, Completed May, 2015

Offline pumukk

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2016, 09:06:57 am »
It's really dependent on the style of music. Something like Bon Jovi's Dead or Alive is 70-75 BPM 16th note, but a punk song or metal (Green Day or Metallica) might be pumping 8's well over 100. The thing is that as you go to faster tempo you tend to use more of a wrist motion and less elbow movement. Is the injury in your wrist or elbow?

Hi! The injury is in the elbow. So I´ll try to use more the wrist! Thanks for the anwser. Do you know if there is any specific lesson or exercise to learn 16th strumming focus in the wrist movement?

Offline pumukk

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2016, 09:10:23 am »
Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear about your injury. Is the injury in your wrist or elbow?

One if the faster songs with 16th note strumming I can think of is the U2 song Desire. Justin has a lesson on that song, so see if you're able to keep up with that strumming speed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I´ll try this lesson. The injury is in the elbow so maybe focusing the movement in the wrist.... Thanks for your answer

(Justin if you are there change the captcha!!! :))

Offline SiegeFrog

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 18
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2016, 09:16:15 pm »
Check out the first 2-3 lessons of Justin's new funk course. It's not exactly the same, but it should get you started. The main thing to remember is not to play through pain. Figure out what works for you.
Fender Squier Affinity HSS Stratocaster
Fender Mustang 1
Seagull Maritime SWS CW SG QI

Started BC January, 2014, Completed May, 2015

Offline pumukk

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2016, 10:18:31 pm »
Thanks a lot! It´s been really helpfull for my elbow. Really good technique if you have problems with the elbow. Now Im in 90 bpm and I think I can improve even more THANKS!  8)

Offline pumukk

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2016, 10:19:11 pm »
Thanks a lot! It´s been really helpfull for my elbow. Really good technique if you have problems with the elbow. Now Im in 90 bpm and I think I can improve even more THANKS!  8)

Offline michaelholmes

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
16 th note strumming
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2017, 05:16:13 pm »
Hello,
Need some feedback please.
At the moment i'm practicing 16th notes.
First try as a beginner with oasis's song don't look back in anger.

I made up a pattern that in my ears sound pretty good.

Here it is.
1-&a  2-&a  3-&-  4e&a

Am i on the right track here, or are you more experianced guitar players think this is crap?

Sorry for me simple grammar but i'm dutch.

TY

Offline cloodie

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2019, 10:05:08 am »
Really been struggling badly with this but I've discovered something that has helped me a lot. This issue is that I can't get my foot to just tap away independently without thinking about it so, like many on here, I keep accenting while I tap my foot or tap out of time or forget to tap altogether  :-\

Anyway, I'd found rocking my body slowly in time with the beat and tapping my foot when I rock forward helps a lot. It seems to happen much more naturally than just tapping the foot alone, which for now requires me to think too much about it.

Offline nellicus

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2020, 02:19:34 pm »
Having a nightmare with this one.

I can strum along with Justin in the video hitting the accents correctly, but the second I try to tap my foot it all falls apart and I either can only accent the beat or end up tapping my foot on the accent. I find it very hard when the metronome is super slow to have even strums even without the accent.

Keeping practicing every day with this but its not really clicking. Ive moved on to IM Foundation 3 (obv not the rhythm part) but don't want to go any further until I've got this sorted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Electric - MIA Performer Strat HSS, Boss Katana 50. Acoustic - Eastcoast D2SE

Offline nixternal

• Good Vibes 0
  • Hello, hello, is my guitar pick still in there
    • Homepage
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2020, 05:24:15 pm »
What I'm finding that is helping to get the foot tapping working, and actually got the pattern in my head super quick was using a barre-chord (G or A, something comfortable). I would release the pressure on non-accents and apply pressure on the accents. It sounds cool and once you get that count in your head you can fly. I can go faster that way than just by muting the strings doing the silent strum. My brain is still weird I guess :) I thought 16th's were gonna be super hard. Thus far, after going on 8 months of learning guitar, foot tapping has been the hardest thing I've had to do. A close 2nd though is barre-chords.
2019 Epi LP VE & 2019 Epi DR-400MCE & Fender CD-60S

Get The Forum As A Mobile App