Author Topic: IM-114 • Technique: Minimum Movement Exercise  (Read 24292 times)

Online sairfingers

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 9
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿The guitar is the coolest instrument in the world
Re: IM-114 • Technique: Minimum Movement Exercise
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2019, 09:58:04 pm »
Just thought I’d reopen this topic as the last post was a year ago.
I’m having problems with flying fingers when playing scales. I don’t have a problem with chords, my fingers stay pretty close to the fretboard with minimum movement. However, as soon as I play for example a G major scale, my fingers take on a life of their own. Although I can play the scale pattern, I’m aware that my fingers are all over the place!
I’ve read through all the previous posts and am going to revisit Justin’s finger stretch exercise lesson and his minimum movement exercise lesson.
I was just wondering why it’s the scales that cause my fingers to ‘fly’ and not the chord changes.
Started with JG Feb 2018. BC completed, now on IM & Fingerstyle. Played a bit as a teenager in the 60’s & 70’s, then life got in the way.
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.

Online sairfingers

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 9
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿The guitar is the coolest instrument in the world
Re: IM-114 • Technique: Minimum Movement Exercise
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2019, 05:45:02 pm »
Flying fingers are starting to fly less! As with everything guitar it’s practice, practice and more practice. Justin should have a huge heading on his website that says “No Easy Answers!” 😃
Started with JG Feb 2018. BC completed, now on IM & Fingerstyle. Played a bit as a teenager in the 60’s & 70’s, then life got in the way.
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App