Author Topic: Caribbean Sunset  (Read 1310 times)

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 329
Caribbean Sunset
« on: November 27, 2010, 05:24:56 pm »
This is a song I wrote many years ago. If anyone wants to discuss it in any way, I'll be happy to try and recall anything I can.

I'm currently getting ready to redo it because some things got lost and I also wanted to add / redo some things.

This is the basic guitar track from which it eventually evolved. A friend of mine had an ASR10 sampler and he is playing the keyboards. Basically all the instruments you hear except guitar and bass.

On the basic track I think he is playing a Gibson bass. But to be honest I'm not sure who is playing. I think it's him. I'm not sure what I'm playing, probably my Warmoth Strat and I can tell it's run through a TC electronics chorus. This was recorded to ( I'm pretty sure... a Yamaha 4 track cassette.

So here is the rough track to which the structure was formed.

Basic guitar track

So after that I wanted a string background and I think we had to program those into a sequencer because neither of us could play them. The computer was an Amiga using a program called Bars and Pipes.

The final mix sample you hear has a new bass line. He may have played that on keyboard or the Gibson, but I'm not sure which right now. The rest is his arranging as he was hearing a happy party type scene similar to what he had heard in Puerto Rico.

So here is the portion of the final, or what ended up being the final as we never really finished it and some of it got lost.

Caribbean Sunset

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 11:21:10 pm by TB-AV »
Gone

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 329
Re: Caribbean Sunset
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 06:03:52 pm »
for Steveo2...........

TB Please write down that chord progression for me buddy.
You are being too hard on your self sounds good.

Actually I always liked the chord progression but never nailed a melody. I'm actually getting ready to rework the thing and see what happens this time around.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 05:23:21 pm by TB-AV »
Gone

Get The Forum As A Mobile App