Author Topic: Nothing Else Matters  (Read 6358 times)

Offline Jonny5

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
Re: Nothing Else Matters
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 09:47:31 pm »
Overall very good. The timing in the intro went a little awry at times, but all the hammer ons and pull offs were clear and exactly as they should be. The verses were solid all the way through. Do you play along with the original or a backing track? There's some decent enough backing tracks on Youtube, I think that might be all you need...99% of the work is done.

I play a bit of fingerpicking stuff too, with no nails. Never really considered it an issue......although I do get a little jealous of the clarity and that hybrid pick/strum ppl with nails do. Maybe one day I'll be able to resist biting them long enough to make a difference :)

Offline rainwoman

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 17
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 11:07:02 pm »
Thanks Jonny. I used to practice along with the original. It helped me especially with hammers and pull offs to accent them as they should be so I'm glad you've noticed that, even though they are not perfect yet. I found also some backing track and probably will try with that as well, as only take a brake from some other song I've been practicing recently.

As for finger nails and sound clarity - that's true, it make a big difference when comparing to playing with finger tips. ...so why I cannot stand having my finger nails longer for longer than a short while!?  :'(
"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." A. de Saint-Exupéry

Offline licksnkicks

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 11:46:46 pm »
Hey Jonny 5 you can get acrylic overlays done on your nails.  I do believe Justin has them. 
Boss Katana 1X12 100W Vox DA5 CL amp, Gibson SG Standard, Parker Nitefly electric/accoustic guitar,  Parker P-38 SA electric/accoustic guitar,  Academy electric custom guitar,  0 tolerance 4 stupidity

Get The Forum As A Mobile App