Author Topic: Nothing Else Matters  (Read 6159 times)

Offline Ragz

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 35
  • Resident Spurs fan
    • Reliable Web Hosting @ 1&1
Re: Nothing Else Matters
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 06:39:44 pm »
But maybe indeed I will do some record, just for a curiosity, to see how it is perceived by other people and by me myself, as well, when getting some distance.

Please do. the worst that can happen is we'll politely say "don't sing" ;)

Offline rainwoman

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 17
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 06:47:09 pm »
 ;D
"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." A. de Saint-Exupéry

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 151
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 09:52:46 pm »
don't be ashamed! I've seen people far more proud about less! :)

good job, little work on the timing and all is ok!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 08:52:53 am by LievenDV »
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline rainwoman

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 17
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 10:18:17 pm »
Thanks Liven!  :)
As for the timing - what exactly? For my feeling, I hurry too much on the very beginning. Is that what you've had on mind, too?
"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." A. de Saint-Exupéry

Offline licksnkicks

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 10:33:08 pm »
Rainwoman a very moving rendition of this song! The sound from your guitar is very rich and has depth to it. Really nice sound! What kind of acoustic do you play?  I attempted this song a little whle ago but didn't continue.  I have one song on my plate right now and I'm practicing to get it right before I add more to the list.  If I weren't disciplined enuff I would know a 1000 songs but only know a chorus, verse or intro and not the whole song. 
Boss Katana 1X12 100W Vox DA5 CL amp, Gibson SG Standard, Parker Nitefly electric/accoustic guitar,  Parker P-38 SA electric/accoustic guitar,  Academy electric custom guitar,  0 tolerance 4 stupidity

Offline rainwoman

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 17
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 11:25:41 pm »
Licksnkicks, thanks a lot! You know, woman's emotions.... we just play them, don't we? ;)

I also used to learn one song at a time. Just recently, when I wasn't sure what I want to learn next (maybe not a 1000, but anyway, there is at least a couple of songs I'd love to be able to play :)), I started to try a few tunes in parallel and I must say it's not bad at all - playing one song helps to develop skills necessary for another one, and so on.

As for my guitar (http://www.imuso.co.uk/Acoustic-Guitars/5752-/Vintage-V300-N-Acoustic-Folk-Guitar-Natural) it's one of those cheap guitars bought as a beginner's "starter kit". Before I bought it I made some online research and this one had really good reviews.
I'm glad you share my like of its sound :)

Offline licksnkicks

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 01:35:28 am »
It has just a beautiful quality of sound.  I have never heard such richness come from what you describe as an inexpensive guitar.

Oh BTW your offer of being the gineau pig still available?  I will be recording in the very near future.  Christmas day to be exact.  When I get all the stuff I asked for under the tree.  :D
Boss Katana 1X12 100W Vox DA5 CL amp, Gibson SG Standard, Parker Nitefly electric/accoustic guitar,  Parker P-38 SA electric/accoustic guitar,  Academy electric custom guitar,  0 tolerance 4 stupidity

Offline Ragz

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 35
  • Resident Spurs fan
    • Reliable Web Hosting @ 1&1
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 05:28:43 am »
Oh BTW your offer of being the gineau pig still available?  I will be recording in the very near future.  Christmas day to be exact.  When I get all the stuff I asked for under the tree.  :D
Yes, the offer stands to anyone. i'm more than happy to be a guinea pig to all

Offline rainwoman

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 17
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 08:44:22 am »

It was Ragz's offer not mine and he's already answered. I just want to add that I can be your guinea pig, as well. You know...., every experiment should be confirmed in an independent run to be valid  ;)

Btw, lucky you! Christmas so soon! :)

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 430
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 08:20:53 am »
you're making good progress, this is a tricky song in some ways and you've handled it pretty well
needs some more practice and polishing as you know
slowly to get those tricky parts right then bring it up to speed
 :)

Offline licksnkicks

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2010, 06:51:45 pm »
After listening to this great rendition ya know I just had to go check out Justin's vid on this.  I think this has to be the next song I do.  Thanks for your inspirational playing.   

Offline rainwoman

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 17
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2010, 07:18:32 pm »
@Close2U
Thanks! I need to make a small break from the song now but I'll come back to it for sure. Yet the solo is waiting for me  ;D

@Licks
Nice to hear my rendition was inspirational. Thank you for pleasing words :)
And do it, learn the song! :) Justin's lesson is very good as always and the song is great to play. Good luck with it!

Offline licksnkicks

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2010, 05:31:40 am »
I haven't looked at Justin's tut on this but............can I play the intro with a pick? I have non existent fingernails as I have forgone the lady glam look with the fingernails.  While they were great for certain things they definitely don't help with fretting!

BTW how long did it take you to get this song sounding so good?

It's really weird I just looked at Justin's Sweet Home Alabama and have been playing this song wrong for the last year no thanks to a friend who thought he knew it all.  Better to see it played or listened to with your own eyes and ears!

Offline chix2

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 73
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 09:24:29 am »
impressive rainwoman, not an easy song by any means, an yes we all get that red record buton phobia bit, with practice its gets easier an you forget bout it but its strange isnt it how  you can play something throu few times start recording an arrrghh.. but you did realy good an fine job in time youl smooth over the little mistakes an that yousaid you made but over all well well done.

@licks lookin forward to hearin you in the new year with the new gear lady rock! whats the first hit you going to do  bonjovi living on prayer "gina dreams of runnin away,working for her man bring home her pay for love" whoo shes half where ther whoo she rockin out ther!

Offline rainwoman

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 17
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 05:36:56 pm »
Thanks Chix. I'm glad you like it :)

I haven't looked at Justin's tut on this but............can I play the intro with a pick? I have non existent fingernails as I have forgone the lady glam look with the fingernails.  While they were great for certain things they definitely don't help with fretting!

BTW how long did it take you to get this song sounding so good?

It's really weird I just looked at Justin's Sweet Home Alabama and have been playing this song wrong for the last year no thanks to a friend who thought he knew it all.  Better to see it played or listened to with your own eyes and ears!

Links, I think you could play it with a pick. For most of the song you hit one string at a time. As for fingernails, I often have mine too short so I just play with fingertips.

About how long I've been learning the song - as I've already said earlier,  I started somehow before summer holidays. The parts which were most difficult for me to go through were hammer ons/flick ofs at the beginning of the song and barre chord part.

Btw, I also was trying Sweet Home Alabama but abandoned shortly after I realized that it's not suitable for an acoustic guitar (or rather to my current skills). Anyway, I like the song and hope to come back to learning it in some future.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App