Author Topic: what type of mount/clip?  (Read 814 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Guest
what type of mount/clip?
« on: October 18, 2010, 09:54:38 pm »
Just bought a rode nt1 it came with a shockmount, is this what i should be using to hold it while im recording guitars or should i be using a normal clip or does it not matter. Im just on the verge of getting a stand thats all and if i need another clip ill get it at the same time.

cheers for the help this is the 1st recording gear ive ever bought so im struggling a bit.

Offline LBro

  • Stadium Superstar
  • ******
  • Posts: 3417
  • Good Vibes 109
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
Re: what type of mount/clip?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 10:22:27 am »
You got a nice condenser there and I would use the shock mount. There is a reason it came with one and that should tell you something. Be carefull with it and do not put it close to your instrument speakers and blast it to start with. I would back it off a ways and move it towards the speaker watching your recording meters. I see other answers to your other post saying the SPL is pretty high so you should be find with it, but be careful to start with. That is a lot of dough...  :)

Here is a blurb on it that would further back up my using a shock mount if it were mine:
Large-diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone with Shock Mount, Pop Shield, XLR Cable, Dust Cover, and Instructional DVD The RODE NT1-A cardioid condenser microphone is one of the world's quietest microphones, and it comes complete with a ton of essential accessories! Its ultra-low self noise means you can give your work the dynamics you deserve.

That low noise feature is one reason you got the shock mount!
Have you viewed the DVD yet? I would take a look as you mention this is new to you...
You can rock a bit here:

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."


Get The Forum As A Mobile App