Author Topic: ET-101 • Ear Training - Stage 1  (Read 15576 times)

Offline sebastian.lbb

• Good Vibes 0
Re: AU-101 • Aural Training - Stage 1
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 07:28:34 pm »
awesome lessons, thanks very much :)

where can i get the tabs for the star wars theme? I looked it up on UG, but there are about a dozen of different Star wars themes (jedi, empire, main, skywalker etc) which one is this?

Offline Bootstrap

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
  • Never yield.
    • The Tale Of Bootstrap
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 08:54:40 pm »
Seb if you are doing the aural training the point is to try and work it out.... You have the starting point, the rest isn't too hard at all - just be the note and use the force :D
The best guitar is the one you have in your hands
Road Case last update 11 Mar 2012

Offline justaguy

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 07:18:58 pm »
The answers are at the bottom of each page on Justin's web site.

I guess the answers were there in previous versions of the page. Did anyone find them? Thanks.

Offline sophiehiker

• Transcribing Beta Testers
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 01:26:35 pm »
Are these them?  http://www.justinguitar.com/en/BC-998-JUSTIN-answer-page.php

There were at the bottom of this web page.  http://www.justinguitar.com/en/BC-000-BeginnersCourse.php

WooHoo 1000 posts!
...where the deer and the antelope play.  Well, they're not really playing.  They're fleeing in terror.

Offline justaguy

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 01:33:35 am »
Unfortunately, these answers are not for the aural training. And I couldn't find a way to report the missing answers except here in the forum.

I wonder if it OK for the community to post the answers (and corrections!) here. It doesn't seem to be against any forum rule. What do you guys think?

Offline sophiehiker

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 12:35:21 pm »
Sorry, but I think I found them now.  http://www.justinguitar.com/en/AU-011-AuralTests-Answ.php

I'll post a note in the "New Site Revamp" topic to let folks know there's a problem...
...where the deer and the antelope play.  Well, they're not really playing.  They're fleeing in terror.

Offline justaguy

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 04:22:23 am »
Actually these are the answers for the Aural Tests (AU-010), but the Ascending Melodic Interval Ear Training lessons (AU-101 to AU-105) are the ones with no answers still, unfortunately.

Thanks for reporting the problem on the other topic.

Offline MickeyO

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 04:40:38 am »
I maybe retarded but i cant find the answer at the bottom of that page???

Offline sophiehiker

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2013, 01:48:41 pm »
Finally found them using the WayBack machine.  (Thanks whoever thought of that!)

Aural Training Answers - Test 1A
1.    4    6.    5
2.    4    7.    4
3.    5    8.    4
4.    4    9.    5
5.    5    10.    4

Offline HHT20

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2013, 08:31:31 pm »
Hi! I can pretty much transcribe the guitar solos or any other instrumental solos for that matter. but what i really struggle with is figuring out the chords of the songs. I almost always get them wrong. I can get which key the song is in, that's not the problem but the chord sequences that play in the song is the big problem area.  How do I get better at it? advice please..thank you

Offline sophiehiker

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2013, 11:22:17 am »
Practice.   :D

Justin's Beginners course has his "JUSTIN training exercises"  for chord recognition.  Pick the training exercises from this page http://www.justinguitar.com/en/BC-000-BeginnersCourse.php   There's one exercise for each stage.  BC-118, BC-128, BC-138, ... through BC-198.

The Intermediate course also has chord recognition exercises.

Offline mikebros

• Good Vibes 0
Re: ET-101 • Ear Training - Stage 1
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2014, 06:07:26 am »
Since there is no Justin Android App for aural training I have been look for others. The one I'm trying out is called Perfect Ear Pro

It is only a US$1 and allows you to set up your own interval training programs.

What are other people using?

Offline GoodTeaNiceHouse

• Good Vibes 0
Re: ET-101 • Ear Training - Stage 1
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2015, 07:30:39 pm »
Since there is no Justin Android App for aural training I have been look for others. The one I'm trying out is called Perfect Ear Pro

It is only a US$1 and allows you to set up your own interval training programs.

What are other people using?

I use GNU Solfege, an open source program with lots of tests, including melodic intervals like in the lesson.

For anyone finding differentiating perfect 4ths and 5ths difficult, even with reference songs in mind, I've discovered a useful trick. Notice that a perfect 4th sounds resolved, whereas a perfect 5th sounds unresolved. So if you were to play the first two notes of Auld Lang Syne (a perfect 4th) it'll sound finished and complete, but play the first couple of notes of Star Wars (a perfect 5th) and it'll sound incomplete, like it's begging for more notes to be played to finish the tune off. Therefore if the interval sounds "finished" then it's a perfect 4th and if it sounds "unfinished" then it's a perfect 5th.

I've found this very helpful, particularly with notes in the low and high pitch ranges, where it's more difficult to just use reference songs.
As long as you have music you'll never be alone.