Author Topic: Left handers  (Read 12261 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 133
    • justinguitar.com
Re: Left handers
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 01:19:23 pm »
And soon there will be a specific area for the south paws!!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline Died244

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 07:25:21 pm »
yeah, lefties for life!!! (got no choice actually :))

to be honest, I don't have many problems as a lefty, when I read chord shapes I start at the thinnest string and go to the thickest one, so it doesn't matter for me how it is written, as long as the string names are known to me.... Perhaps that can help you?

Good luck!

Sundance

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 06:40:31 am »
Hiya,

sorry for posting on a old topic but I just wondered how the left handed section / chords on the website was going?

Offline captainamerica

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 4
Started BC on October 21, 2016 - then IM on February 5, 2017...Stay focused on Justin's course and it will guide you...

Online LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 129
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2016, 08:39:14 am »
Got myself a lefty chord booklet a while back as well to make my practice of jazz chords smoother. Indeed no excuses, these things are cheap! :)
my band Point Fifty

Offline Buckeye1971

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2016, 09:37:02 pm »
I just learned how to read them the way they are. Never had a problem because I never had a pre-conceived notion of how they should be read. Guess it just didn't effect me that much.

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 122
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2016, 10:04:37 pm »
I just learned how to read them the way they are. Never had a problem because I never had a pre-conceived notion of how they should be read. Guess it just didn't effect me that much.

My wife is the same way learnt how to read then the way they are. Never dawned on her
that being left handed made music backwards. 

Offline Buckeye1971

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2016, 12:09:44 am »
My wife is the same way learnt how to read then the way they are. Never dawned on her
that being left handed made music backwards

Your wife and I are fortunate then because it makes it a lot easier when learning songs, considering that nearly all internet tutorials that use chord boxes are right handed. No need to translate from right to left handed.

Offline skinnyT

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2016, 02:41:55 pm »
I am a lefty and been playing 7 months using the beginners book and I have not had an issue with right handed chord diagrams. I looked at some left handed ones and find them confusing now. This site has some lefty stuff:
http://leftyfretz.com/

Another thing that may help if you only have right handed diagrams is playing in front of a mirror. You will see yourself playing right handed so just use the mirror image. It also helps with posture as you do not have to hunch over the guitar to see what you are doing.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App