Author Topic: RUGS 2 Review  (Read 6300 times)

Offline mark767

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
RUGS 2 Review
« on: October 19, 2008, 12:51:53 pm »
I have just completed RUGS2 and have to say that this is a very very useful book (I have also done RUGS1...and recommend it as well).  The great thing about this book is the now I no longer have to memorize various chords but build them up through the principles you learn in the course.  This makes things a lot easier and also gives you options in certain situations where you can use slightly different grips to achieve the same thing.  This is a must have for all players.

Now, I do have one question that I cannot figure out.  What is the grip used to make the open B7 chord and the open F chord ?

Mark.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 12:53:28 pm by mark767 »

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 133
    • justinguitar.com
Re: RUGS 2 Review
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 05:37:50 pm »
Open B7 comes from the C shape 7th chord - and open F chord is the top part of an E shape major chord!

Cheers dude!

J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline mark767

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
Re: RUGS 2 Review
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 08:48:04 pm »
Thanks Justin, I see the now.  Sometimes it gets a little confusing orienting things for left handed guitar players when looking at the diagrams.

I will also be going through the book one more time to review and make sure I have all of the concepts down.

Mark.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App