Author Topic: danelectro and LACE SENSOR  (Read 1181 times)

willsta

danelectro and LACE SENSOR
« on: August 10, 2010, 02:45:53 pm »
i want to know if danelectro pickups compromise sustain or are worse of than the normal single coils.

also these lace sensors, what does everyone think of them? are they really that totally amazing as they say on the site? particularly the telecaster ones

Offline Zman

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 8
Re: danelectro and LACE SENSOR
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 03:42:21 pm »
Hi,

Can't tell you anything a to thbout the danelectro... but I do have lace sensor (gold) on a Strat Plus (basically, the early American strat deluxe...).
My best advice regarding all lace sensors is that you listen to them in person before you consider a purchase... Some like them a lot, some dislike them to similar degrees.

As for myself, I like them. To my ears, on a strat coupled with a tube amp they retain the "fenderish" single coil chime and their tone really resembles old-school single coil pickup tone. They have almost no hum even at high volume, and sound very crisp and clear. That, to some, is also their week point... a lot of players find them sterile. I disagree, but that's just me.

Also, as with every pickup, they are more fitting for some styles of music, and less for others.

hope that helps...

Z

Get The Forum As A Mobile App