Author Topic: I need more treble!  (Read 1558 times)

Offline TomaszJ

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
I need more treble!
« on: July 30, 2010, 07:17:54 pm »
Using my two guitars (Vintage V6 and old Jolana Czechoslovak guitar) I can't get enough treble. The bridge pickup of the V6 has the most high end but its still not enough for me. Any advice of good trebly pickups or guitars? Heard that Rickenbackers and Fender Mustangs/Jaguar/Jazzmaster are quite trebly. Rickenbacker is currently out of my reach, too expensive but I might be able to grab Ric pickups or one of those Fenders. But maybe you may offer some cheaper alternatives?

Also thought about changing the volume pot to 500k or even 1meg. What do you think will sound better? Guitar in question is SSS, strat copy. I want to have more treble but not necessarily overdo with it.

A friendly advice would be appreciated!

mbarrett12

Re: I need more treble!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 08:21:04 pm »
Funny, cos I NEED MORE COWBELL!

Sorry, saw the title and had to post it :P

Offline TomaszJ

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 09:15:53 pm »
Funny, cos I NEED MORE COWBELL!

Sorry, saw the title and had to post it :P

Yeah, the title was inspired by this sketch! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is more treble!

Offline Dan Graves

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 172
  • Like Tuesday; Gone, with the Wind.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 02:04:26 am »
On the midprice end of the pickup scale, i'd say Bareknuckle pickups.
On the cheap end, there's irongear pickups.

VenusBlue

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 02:53:06 am »
If both guitars are not getting enough treble, the guitars may not be the issue. Often times a bad cable will suck the treble right out of the tone. What cable are you using? I use a PlanetWave cable. It's near identical to a Monster cable, has the same warranty, sound... everything.

As for different guitars with more treble... Theres a guitarist I like who only plays a tele, and he once said "Never in my life do I think i've ever heard a soul say "I can't seem to get enough treble out of this telecaster".

Get The Forum As A Mobile App