Author Topic: UK Private Lesson Tour:  (Read 17528 times)

threepints

Re: UK Private Lesson Tour:
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 03:34:54 pm »
Here's hoping on a Birmingham visit.

GoingDown

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 01:08:42 pm »
Apologies if mentioned elsewhere.  Is Justin still doing a UK teaching tour in October?

mattywarr

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 01:27:06 pm »
Apologies if mentioned elsewhere.  Is Justin still doing a UK teaching tour in October?

Good question, glad this popped up on unread posts!

I'd happily pay the £50 and while I voted Exeter, I'd be just as happy with Bristol or Cardiff.

stephen4x

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 02:17:49 pm »
While I don't speak for him, he has never said otherwise. Best to tweet him while he's away on holiday still for a confirmation ;p

Offline Tourniquet

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 75
  • Time exists in abundance until it runs out
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 02:23:59 pm »
While I don't speak for him, he has never said otherwise. Best to tweet him while he's away on holiday still for a confirmation ;p

With a "to do" list as long as his, things can slip the mind all too easily.

Likely it'll get pushed back a bit. Justin wouldn't be long back from Australia and something like that would take a fair bit of planning to confirm all the definite bookings/routes/hotels etc.

Not to mention the other stuff he wants to work on this year.
       Road Case        Singing Primer guide

TheDisciple

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2010, 11:37:06 am »
I live on the Isle of Wight so any where in southern England would be very do-able.  ;D

Ric-newbie

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2010, 09:56:45 pm »
Im quite suprised that theres only 55 voters, watched u stream today and it seemed like J was umm n ahh a bit about whether it was gunna be worth it once paid for juice in cars hotels and all the other stuff. I thought there would be hundreds of people up for this!!! Hope he does decide to do at least some of it, Im bang up for a lesson or two!!

TheDisciple

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2010, 02:57:14 am »
I agree Ric-newbie. With such a talented guitar player offering lessons how can anyone turn it down. :-\
It would be a great shame if he didn't do it but it has to be viable for him.
I would be willing to travel a long way for a lesson from him as he seems a nice guy and a great teacher. (OK so I'm sucking up a bit but its true). :)
Fingers crossed :)

Offline Darka

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2010, 12:14:49 pm »
I'm definately up for it, just added my vote to Brighton, but I could manage London too - would be happy to pay for a lesson from Justin.

Ibanez Prestige SV5470F | Ibanez RGR321EX | Blackstar HT-5RH | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
tc electronic - polytune | flashback delay | BOSS - RC-3 Looper

Ric-newbie

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2010, 04:40:41 pm »
Disciple I couldnt agree more, There must be thousands of people in the uk using this site and J and his team keep updating it and keep it in good order and its totally free!! Surely when he is willing to travel and cart his gear about the country we have gotta show top support!! Also hes probably one of the most influencial guitar tutors of our time so if you wanna learn guitar a lesson with him can only do you good!

Offline gareth51

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 11
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2010, 05:00:40 pm »
Just submitted my vote for Oxford.

Hi there,

I have never taken any guitar lessons in real-time (i.e. in person), and I was simply wondering: what can be achieved in 50 minutes?

Pardon my simpleness!
I was wondering the same thing, as I have never had actual guitar lessons, but I am sure that in 50 minutes Justin could pick up on some bad habits and correct those.  I am sure it will give a boost to my playing anyway.
Agile AL-3100, Aria STG-003, Tanglewood TFA XB, Blackstar HT-5R, Boss Katana Mini

DanH

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2010, 01:05:53 pm »
I'd be up for a lesson in London to pick up any serious probs with my technique etc. Would depend on the time though as I work full time, so probably have to be after work.

TheDisciple

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 10:09:12 pm »
Well wherever Justin decides to play (assuming he does) I'll be trying my utmost to get there and learn some nuggets of gold from him. You name it, day or night, I'll be there as I respect him as a solid guitar player with a whole lot to learn from. Come on J, lets jam :)

Wicksy5508

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 10:29:13 pm »
I would also come to a London, lesson, or pretty much anywhere within a couple of hours of London. £50 would be well worth it

Neil

Get The Forum As A Mobile App