Author Topic: The Book Of Eli  (Read 1593 times)

A

The Book Of Eli
« on: June 17, 2010, 07:37:19 pm »
I watched this film last night, and i've got to say.. it was absolutely outstanding. Best film i've seen in a long time. Only Denzel Washington could have pulled off that role, and it was a pleasant surprise to see Garry Oldman and Meg Griffi-- Mila Kunis in it too. I actually had to rewind the first fight scene because I couldn't believe how freakin' awesome it was. Loved the whole post-apocalyptic based storyline, especially as i'm very fond of the game "Fallout 3" - there was so much in common.

Could talk about it for ages, but if you haven't seen it I strongly suggest you watch it. Don't go and read about the film, it just spoils it!

Gah, i'm going to have to watch it again now.

Lucianot

Re: The Book Of Eli
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 07:39:12 pm »
I enjoyed more "The Road".

mbarrett12

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 07:42:05 pm »
Didn't think it was anything past decent tbh, it's got a good story but it needed to be longer and have a better ending, obviously the twist was good but I felt it had a lot more potential that it used.

A

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 07:44:01 pm »
it's got a good story but it needed to be longer and have a better ending, obviously the twist was good but I felt it had a lot more potential that it used.

Absolutely, as is the case with a lot of films these days :(

Still, was a joy to watch!

mbarrett12

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 07:50:00 pm »
Oh not bad by any means, but just not a DVD that I'd rush out to buy in the shops...the last DVD I did that with was...Inglourious Basterds, but that was actually a blu-ray :P

Offline lorenzo

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 07:55:35 pm »
It was OK, a tad slow tbh. But yeah, an OK movie
Cheers,
Lorenzo

Offline lorenzo

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 08:00:03 pm »
oh, and dont bother watching Valhala(sp) Rising, its dire.
Cheers,
Lorenzo

VanGilse

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 08:21:03 pm »
it's pretty hard to talk about this movie without spoiling the ending, because the ending made the movie so great!

I had mixed feeling walking out of the cinema, but after I digested it a bit, yeah..I liked it

A

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 08:29:52 pm »
the last DVD I did that with was...Inglourious Basterds, but that was actually a blu-ray :P

Haha, same here! (DVD). I loved that film so much, I actually wrote a review on Play.com. I never write reviews on my purchases unless they're worth it :D

But yeah, was definitely room for improvement. As you say, just wish it was longer so the story and the whole journey could absorb you a bit more. You're right VG, the entire film is just a build up to the big twist so it's difficult not to spill the ending! I think we've already spoiled it by saying there's a twist. People will be looking for clues if they watch it, I honestly didn't see it coming! Let's change the subject quick!

The film I watched before that was "Kick-Ass". That film actually surprised me in some ways.. was a bit better than I thought it'd be, but it's just one you watch for some giggles. Must admit it went a little over-the-top at the end xD Couple of decent fight scenes, and some laugh-out-loud parts as well!

mbarrett12

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 08:42:36 pm »
Kick-Ass was pretty good, I expected it to be crap but it was pretty decent.  The last movie I saw was the Star Wars Saga, went through the whole thing when a friend of mine told me he hadn't seen Star Wars.  I couldn't let him sin any longer ;D

A

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 09:12:25 pm »
The last movie I saw was the Star Wars Saga, went through the whole thing when a friend of mine told me he hadn't seen Star Wars.  I couldn't let him sin any longer ;D

Oh.. my... GOD. Sin is an understatement, you should have physically punished him for that. You haven't LIVED if you haven't seen the Star Wars Saga!!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App