Author Topic: Come and play a guitar duel with me! =)  (Read 6977 times)

Offline marcusmarkmus

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 68
  • \,,/ SandmarX \,,/
    • my guitar playing videos! =) check them out!
Come and play a guitar duel with me! =)
« on: March 05, 2010, 11:32:38 pm »
Okay, so Im sitting here in my house and all I can think of is that I want to get out and jam with some people. Then I thought of you guys! =) I hope you all have the software to do this and stuff, im sure it can be pretty awesome! I have no idea if this will work, but its worth a
try  8)

So, here is my plan:

#1:
: this is a jamtrack I just made now

:this is the jamtrack + me playing solo, WITH pauses for YOU to put your sweet licks!

#2:
So, record yourself doing a guitar duet with me, and post it!
Then we want a track of the backingtrack and YOUR guitar on (not me) with pauses for the THIRD person to play!

and so on....

The key is E. (yeah, I tuned up from Eb just for you!  ;D )
Style is just rock n roll!  I also kept it under 1:30 min, (its just 1:15 or something) so it wont get boring or too much work.  :)

So join and blast out those minor pentatonic licks you've been working on!
My band on Facebook: Sandmarx
on youtube: SandmarxTube

Offline warlock

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 3
  • capo di tutti capi
Re: Come and play a guitar duel with me! =)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 12:00:50 pm »
You are sick lead player mate, can't match with you in those ass kicking fast licks ;)

Gave it a try though, did my best to preserve your rock feel and fit in somehow ;) I've taken only the first free space - 0:27 - 0:44 ;).
Let's make it that way first time - just add something to what me and marcus played, when we run out of space in this track, someone will add their solo licks to an empty backing track and we'll fill it in the same way ;). I like solos from different players in one track ;)

Recorded using Guitar Rig 3, can't get enough distortion from my amp and 3 single coil guitar for that sort of solo yet, i'll have to get myself either 2-humbucker Les Paul or distortion pedal ;)

http://www.4shared.com/file/235432636/965fdadb/online_jam_WITH_me_-_1st_slot_.html
Like I said, download this and add your parts until we run out of free space ;) Volume drops a bit when I play, sorry for that

Who's next :)?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 03:07:07 pm by warlock »

Offline marcusmarkmus

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 68
  • \,,/ SandmarX \,,/
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 09:19:22 pm »
oh yeah! awesome stuff warlock, this is actually working!  :D

thanks for the compliment!
 speed isnt  important here, I just want people to come and just give what they got :) , I think you licks were GREAT! Really rock n roll style,
and hell, you got some good speed yourself!  ;) Im pretty amazed that you can go from that beautiful slow playing of yours to this kind of blasting rock solo  ;)

I hope more people will try too, I know alteast a couple of people here I know would be awesome to hear in this.

BTW; in the very  beginning its also meant to be a pause to play something sweet n short in, if people want!

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 433
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 06:49:41 am »
well done marcus
I like the idea of a group jam
I don't have the equipment yet to just record audio
 :(
looking forward to more contributions from those that do
 :)

dirk251272

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 09:41:35 am »
Great stuff guys!
Let there be more of this!

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 329
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 05:00:23 pm »
Gone

Offline marcusmarkmus

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 68
  • \,,/ SandmarX \,,/
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 08:19:01 pm »
wow, that was some crazy really amazing fast picking :o this is awesome  :D

Sad to hear that close2u, "alteast a couple of people here I know would be awesome to hear in this" did include you  ;)

Maybe it would have been better if I had just recorded one part and let the rest be open. well, at least we are doing something  :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:13:21 pm by marcusmarkmus »

charlieguitars

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 11:09:29 pm »
 this is a cool idea, i might put something but i fear it'd be a sheep vs a pack of lions
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:17:46 pm by close2u »

Offline marcusmarkmus

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 68
  • \,,/ SandmarX \,,/
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 11:18:24 pm »
 yeah,  give it a shot! its no contest, just fun! I hope that asylum wants to try to, I memory serves me right he had some sweet stuff going on in that A blues thingy
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:18:10 pm by close2u »

Offline asylum

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 11
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 08:35:38 pm »
markus i downloaded the tune but unfortunately im crap when it comes to rock, i havent made the transition from blues to rock and dont really know how to, i tried a couple of times but it sounded rubbish so will give it a miss until such time as i can play a bit of rock.

Any help would be appreciated to make the process easier, I can play rock tunes if i learn them note for note and i can improvise fairly easy when it comes to blues, but for the life of me i cant improvise on rock songs, oh well something new to learn.
Fender strat 2008, Ibanez RG 550, Mesa Boogie 22+

Offline warlock

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 3
  • capo di tutti capi
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 09:13:58 pm »
You don't have to tell me asylum, 95% of my rock improvisations are rubbish, each friend of mine who plays guitar for 2+ years can do fast runs or some tapping, I can't increase my speed to be honest.

Btw, recently I TOTALLY dislike my playing, I hope it will pass, I can't stand what I play.

I had same opinion bout my blues playing as you. "yep warlock, you can do some blues solos". It had been like that until i heard that thing: some minor band that played in my hometown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2pVYAXv62E&feature=related

Now i'm [censored] depressed, that guitarist is like 3 years older than me at most, and he plays ENORMOUSLY good blues solos, check this out. No matter how I try, I can't play not even close to that. The guy really has great style of playing, lovely tone, great vibrato, amazing feeling

sor for little offtopic

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:24:17 pm by warlock »

charlieguitars

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 09:23:40 pm »
the track kind of ends abruptly, i'm always just getting into it when it ends.

anyways asylum for someone like you(and by that i mean completely BA) , the best way to do it is just to play over rock backing tracks and your ear will do the rest automatically over time.

Offline Bootstrap

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
  • Never yield.
    • The Tale Of Bootstrap
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 10:06:15 pm »
Very cool guys and great initiative Marcus.  8)
The best guitar is the one you have in your hands
Road Case last update 11 Mar 2012

Offline warlock

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 3
  • capo di tutti capi
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 11:27:12 pm »
markus i downloaded the tune but unfortunately im crap when it comes to rock, i havent made the transition from blues to rock and dont really know how to, i tried a couple of times but it sounded rubbish so will give it a miss until such time as i can play a bit of rock.

Any help would be appreciated to make the process easier, I can play rock tunes if i learn them note for note and i can improvise fairly easy when it comes to blues, but for the life of me i cant improvise on rock songs, oh well something new to learn.
Btw asylum we should get ourselves some tasty, ultra-slow blues backing and make another guitar challenge ;) I've just recored a little acappella guitar (from my amp), this is the style I like to play in, slow, flowing licks, kinda BB king style ;) I know this ain't topic for that, but nvm, this is my first offtopic in this year ;D If you have backing for style like that - http://www.4shared.com/file/237159817/46e357fe/bluesy-laboga.html - feel free to post it, i'll glady solo over it (you too i suppose ;)) ;)

Only marcus feels like fish in the water with those rapid licks :D I ain't good enough to cope with that

Offline marcusmarkmus

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 68
  • \,,/ SandmarX \,,/
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 11:45:16 pm »
hehe, this is kinda crazy, people are telling me that Im playing fast and stuff, didnt really think like that before you mentioned it.  I still remember having problems getting that sweet child of mine intro up to the right speed. Thanks mates, you really made me take a little look behind and realize that my practicing is starting to pay off! :)

I think its a great idea to do something slow like that, Im sure Asylum has some sweet stuff to put some licks on or something! its good to have to different tracks so people can do what they feel they are more comfortable with, either blasting out a rock solo, or touch some souls with some slow blues.

Im always amazed by players that play slow, using just the right notes, at the right time. I think thats harder than just blast out alot of notes. anyone that spends enough hours with a metronome can do that  :D

So, yeah, good idea. As long as something is happening here, its good!  :D

Get The Forum As A Mobile App