Author Topic: Show your support, girls and guys!  (Read 9360 times)

BaNa

Show your support, girls and guys!
« on: March 05, 2010, 07:17:32 am »
Just want to add my support for a guy that has supported us all.  I wouldn't have taken up guitar without Justin. I don't use the forum much and I don't use Justins lessons as often as I did. Things moved along since he taught me that D chord :) and my fat little fingers tried to grapple with the buzz and thud of painfully slow chord changes. But I can pick out Freight Train (at last) and flash between an A and a G7 along with the rest of you.

A month or so back I bought my first Maton. They have you to thank for that Justin and when I can I am going to get Andy to make me something in his custom shop. Three Kyser Capos, two Korgs tuners and and partridge in a pear tree. All a result of crossing this guys path. (well maybe not the partridge) Not using DK though, sorry!

So lets get and buy as many copies of Small Town Eyes, get your Grannies to buy them for your Grandpa's, your kids to buy them for their mates and stick a few in the sock drawer to hand out come Christmas, yes only 294 sleeps left, sorry :-[

I am struggling as much as the next through this damn recession and I never borrowed a dime, but I know when a good turn needs returning. I hope you don't mind Justin but I prefer a hard copy so I have used Amazon, I hope that still counts. I hate digital downloads but then I might have opted for Vinyl had it been an option, 78 even ;D ;D.

Anyway. Thanks for all your help and good luck with the sales. I remain on your mailing list ready for the coming albums. Money and fame isn't every thing Jason. Friends and community are. Keep it real.

Bans ;)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:40:37 am by BaNa »

r4blanks

Re: Show your support, girls and guys!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 07:18:28 pm »
Justin.
This fan is hitting the nail on the head. Just wanted to jump in with them to say, You're a real "go getter" and no one can hardly keep up. What you might like to remember is from us "yanks" over here in USA, who have been around for awhile, Your following some GREAT names from where you live. Beatles, Eric Claptin, Zepplin. The list goes on, but you are a new 'English' guitarist who has that Legacy. Be proud! (well, of course not too proud) and keep rockin' man!

BaNa

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 02:51:09 am »
Thanks r4blanks

You American (Yanks) too get out there and show your support. There's a big dollar over there, even if it is being squeezed. And the rest of the YT community get proactive.

You know this recent Band Aid report claims barely 5% of the money went to the needy, isn't that just typical. I've lived and worked in 3rd world countries and seen 1st hand the money squandered by NGO's, such as the aforementioned. It only takes a indecent like Tahiti to see us all rushing for our cheque books to feed these greedy so called charities and swell their already fat bank accounts to send their missionary preachers 1st class with their iPods and MacBooks, kids and entourage to far flung corners where they toot around in their air-conditioned Land Cruisers (and you want to see the cost of a Land Cruiser in Somalia, Sri Lanka Tahiti they are not cheap, wholesale prices they are not!  rip off local despot get rich quick prices they are)

Sorry there's my Rant over.

Any way my point is we can find a few bucks to appease our consciences when we haven't a clue where the money is going. So when you can chuck a few dollars towards a deed that makes a direct result, then in the words of well known brand  "JUST DO IT"

Bans

PS  We know your a Tazzy Really. Even if you live in Merry old England, pendulums bicycles etc... :)

BaNa

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 02:52:25 am »
Sorry just an added note.  Where can we see the albums charts above 100 that Jason refers to?

Offline irishalkies

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 36
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 02:59:00 am »
Money and fame isn't every thing Jason. Friends and community are. Keep it real.

Sorry just an added note.  Where can we see the albums charts above 100 that Jason refers to?

This has been up somewhere before.......

Who's Jason? ;D

I'm Jason.....

BaNa

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 03:28:20 am »
 ;D ;D ;D

You know, the amount of times I have visited jasonguitar.com I have a mate called Jason and I call him Justin much to his bemusement  :D

By the way Jeremy, the no Edit button?  about the silliest thing I have seen on a forum. Just mine and many others opinions from my forced search :(

Bans

Edit ;D
____

Sorry, even more off topic:

I was just about to say, reading other posts that maybe the lack of edit was OK. But when I hit the modify button, your forum went dead.  The site was accessible but the forum just hung for what seemed like 15 minutes. Ordinarily I would have just left it and added the comment later but because of your no edit policy I was worried I might get locked out again. You gota give a few days edit option. We don't all just sit at our PC's all day and it's nice to come back the next day and correct an error that's been pointed out.
So I take it back... it's still silly >:(
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 03:48:37 am by BaNa »

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 03:20:55 pm »
there was some problems with people deleting posts a while back, so mods ask if we can block the modify after x amount of time, seemed like a good idea - but worth bringing up if you really think it's worth a debate!

Thanks for the good vibes too :) and really glad to help you on your journey!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

BaNa

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 01:49:35 am »
Thanks Justin.  I tried to make a few suggestions in the forum but got slammed, so I guess that's me done. Can't PM you either, says I am blocked  ;D ;D ;D

Cya

Offline Cue Zephyr

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 91
    • Ezyo Music
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 02:36:13 am »
Then I might as well add my two cents.
I bought the album, getting it in early April I hope.
Justin's lessens have never really gotten to me (except for some outstanding song lessons, and some little tips and tricks I picked up along the way, I have infact watched most of your lessons), but I think he's a cool and nice dude, would be cool to meet sometime.
And I'm basically a forum whore.
Guitar, banjo, mandolin and piano, bass and percussion
Production and mixing

BaNa

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 10:57:02 am »
 ;D ;D ??? ::) ;D ;D Forum Whore?  and a Fruity Loop too, no less  ;D ::)

I'd. really like to see Tommy play From Katie's Window with Justin, I reckon he would push you Justin the song is a classic in the making.

I bought a few extra CD's to give as gifts, to family. They are not expensive (IMO) and worth every penny.

Bans

PS I stand by all I have said in other forums "This Forum is way too far down the list on the front Page" It's too important to be near the bottom.

Dragon Man

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 11:41:59 am »
Justin. . . .
 . . but you are a new 'English' guitarist who has that Legacy. Be proud! (well, of course not too proud) and keep rockin' man!

You almost got it right!

Justin is an 'Australian' guitarist, living in England   ;)

:D

Offline Cue Zephyr

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 91
    • Ezyo Music
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 01:58:18 pm »
I'd like to see Sungha play From Katie's Window. :D
Guitar, banjo, mandolin and piano, bass and percussion
Production and mixing

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 08:17:51 am »
PS I stand by all I have said in other forums "This Forum is way too far down the list on the front Page" It's too important to be near the bottom.

But it does get it's own guitar pick right at the top!!

And thanks ;)
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 586
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 12:32:40 pm »
I'd like to see Sungha play From Katie's Window. :D

you should send him a message

a way to spread the word!

:)

teela

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 04:10:35 am »
Justin is an 'Australian' guitarist, living in England   
Tasmanian to be exact. Justin if you read this where in Tassie do you come from? Hope you don't mind me asking but I'd love to know. For those of you who don't know Tassie is a really pretty place, some of the countryside looks alot like the English countryside (so I am told) and there's alot of beautiful wild places too.
Sorry to get off-topic...yeah I bought one of the limited eds of STE album and I love it, it's now my favourite. I've even got our local radio station to play a few tracks from it.

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 10:21:50 am »
I grew up in Lenah Valley in Hobart. Lived in Sandy Bay when I moved out of home. Had a lovely beachfront apartment.... oh the old days...

teela

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 11:02:20 am »
Are you well supported there, does the local radio play your songs?
I reckon they should.

I bet you miss it. Big cities (like London) do my head in, fun to visit but wouldn't wanna live there. The one and only time I went to London my mum got abused on the underground and my dad kept driving up one way streets...the wrong way! arghhhh.

BaNa

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 03:57:49 am »
Just wanted to dip my toe back in this snake pit forum to say Thanks to Justin. Got my CD's love the tracks. Wish you the best.

To the dick mods please feel free to delete this post if not. Hope your petty little lives rarely reach outside the internet. Well done on strangling a community.

TTFN

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 330
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 11:12:10 am »
No problem, that's what we're here for!

Gone

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 10:08:03 pm »
Just wanted to dip my toe back in this snake pit forum to say Thanks to Justin. Got my CD's love the tracks. Wish you the best.

To the dick mods please feel free to delete this post if not. Hope your petty little lives rarely reach outside the internet. Well done on strangling a community.

TTFN

Dude - glad you dig the album - but coming in to abuse the mods is a not cool. Well very not cool actually. We emailed about the situation, and although not properly resolved, this is not the kind of behaviour I expected of you, or accept on the forum.

I think you just got yourself a ban.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App