Author Topic: Post if you bought STE.  (Read 10345 times)

Jock

Post if you bought STE.
« on: March 04, 2010, 09:32:39 am »
Sorry to hear the sales are not as good as they may have been. I am not a frequent poster but I do lurk a bit & would like to help Justin out, so here's a thought.

If everyone here bought STE even though it may not be their thing, it would help a nice guy who does great things which has helped us all. It would probably be more beneficial than a donation, so I thought if everyone who has bought STE, posted here, those that have not may feel a little guilty & go buy it.

I don't know how many UK members this forum has, but at the time of posting Justin has less than 200 UK sales, so there must be quite a few of you out who are feeling guilty, so buy it & get your name on this thread.

Just a simple, "I bought it" would do.

Apologies if this is a stupid idea.

BTW. I bought it.

jase67

Re: Post if you bought STE.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 09:46:38 am »
I actually wonder if its a communication problem and maybe alot of the youtube subscribers don't use this forum or subscribe to Justins newsletter, so maybe they have missed the release date. For the record I bought it, I'm very shocked by the UK sales  ???. I thought it could dent the top 40.

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 11:02:50 am »
I'd rather people didn't buy it out of guilt actually...

I'm happy that there are people buying it and digging it, but it wouldn't be right if people just bought it cos they felt guilty not buying it.

The guilty should just make a donation...
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

vadermx5

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 05:13:36 pm »
I bought it via pre-sale in Canada.  I don't know how you would be able to get world wide info as that would be very interesting to know.  Justin has helped and reached people all over the world.

Is his album my style?  Not most of the time but everybody needs something mellow every once in a while.  Now if you did a blues album Justin.......

Offline SJP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 10
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 06:50:29 pm »
Jock,

apology accepted.

(only teasing...  ;))

Offline marcusmarkmus

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 77
  • \,,/ SandmarX \,,/
    • my guitar playing videos! =) check them out!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 09:09:15 pm »
I bought it online from iTunes here in Norway....dont know if that will affect any important charts?

Anyway, having fun listening to the songs that I havent heard before  :) Im also getting motivated to learn katies window now! gonna take awhile though... :-\
My band on Facebook: Sandmarx
on youtube: SandmarxTube

nelson

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 01:55:05 am »
maybe alot of the youtube subscribers don't use this forum or subscribe to Justins newsletter, so maybe they have missed the release date.

Sounds like me... only just got around to ordering, and completely missed on the limited edition  :(
And I wasn't sure where to get it being in Australia and wanting the physical copy! Ended up ordering from Amazon UK for under $AU18 so I'm happy.

Will keep practicing Page 99 until it gets here  ;)

strapp75

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 03:18:53 pm »
I'd rather people didn't buy it out of guilt actually...

I'm happy that there are people buying it and digging it, but it wouldn't be right if people just bought it cos they felt guilty not buying it.

The guilty should just make a donation...

Exactly what i thought. I bought the Limited edition because i like Justin's music, not only because i think he's cool and deserve it (even if that's the case.. ;).

I think one of the problem could be that a lot of people didn't hear talking about Justin's Album. Of course, it is not like if it was a new U2 album or something...in this case even the people who aren't fans hear to talk about the album or see some TV ads.

Justin, i think something helpful would be a "flyer" or a "poster" that we could download from your artist website. this way, we could display some in bars, in nightclubs,in our office, etc...

I work in a press compagny where there's about 200+ people (and there's many guitarist and musicians) and i'd like to put some flyers close to the coffee machine where people have a break.

I hope you see what i mean. It's just an idea like that but i think it could help you (a little bit). you should write stuff like "ex Katie Melua's guitarist" or "played with X or Y", on the flyer/poste so people would be curious to know what it sounds like.

Now if you did a blues album Justin.......

I'd kill for that ! lol

Now you have to be aware that most people don't give a xx--xx about Blues. You know, these days people are more into R'n'b, dance, rap, pop, etc...

Most Blues listeners (i think it is also true about Jazz) are musicians.

spinatai

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 02:55:11 pm »
Just got it in the mail 2 days ago from Amazon UK, listened start-to-finish about ten times already (I just put it on the speakers at a medium volume and leave it there, so the place's filled with music all the time..). Got to say, really love some of your songs, especially "I Know?", "Into the Blues" and "Love and Levity"!
The fact that you're so unknown is quite disappointing, I could really see your songs being played on MTV and radios.
Well, goodluck with promoting your album (I hope you haven't given up on it!); writing songs and lessons!

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 10:16:01 am »
Next album might be electric bluesey thing... writing again already! :) and at least one new (as yet unfinished) is a hendrix styley blues thing... lots of fun!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

teela

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 11:51:49 pm »
Another album. Cooooool I want it already!

strapp75

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 09:50:24 am »
A blues album....that's pretty cool!

Offline gareth51

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 11
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 09:31:57 pm »
Next album might be electric bluesey thing... writing again already! :) and at least one new (as yet unfinished) is a hendrix styley blues thing... lots of fun!
Sounds good.  I will definitely be buying.  :)
Agile AL-3100, Aria STG-003, Tanglewood TFA XB, Blackstar HT-5R
YouTube  Roadcase Soundcloud

Offline marcusmarkmus

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 77
  • \,,/ SandmarX \,,/
    • my guitar playing videos! =) check them out!
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 09:42:43 pm »
electric bluesy album! WICKED!  :D :D
My band on Facebook: Sandmarx
on youtube: SandmarxTube

puttynathan

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 07:19:26 pm »
I got the CD off Amazon, had to have a physical copy. Such a sweet album, digging the folk/rock vibe. I like any genre as long as the musics decent. Looking forward to follow up albums and maybe seeing you perform live sometime if your playing in Ireland. It take's time to build up a big fan base, be patient i'm sure it will come.

Shame about the album sales though I think youtube can be deceptive for measuring your popularity. I'm sure there are plenty of people who only click your videos if it has "guitar lesson" at the end of it.

0li

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 11:38:28 pm »

very cool, I got the album pre sale, and although I love it and it gets a listen daily, I was expecting more of a guitar album, maybe along the lines of Eric Johnson and edgar winter, the mere fact your promising Hendrix!!, I cant wait.

dulcet banshee

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 02:35:38 pm »
I didn't see this thread before, there's some factors that I don't think people are considering. I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd had really strong sales, but by the same token you can't be surprised if sales don't match what you were hoping or predicting. It's a very fickle market. If he hadn't sold out the first limited run then sales would have spiked when it was released, but either way you need to look at worldwide numbers and you need to spread the numbers out over a year or even 3 years. I don't know what kind of market there is for "folk" style acoustic stuff in the UK now, this might have been the worst possible time for an album like this. At the end of the day, I think it's the wrong approach to base the content of your album on what you expect to be marketable so I'm not as worried about initial numbers as some of the rest of you. Either way, I don't base whether I like something on what kind of sales numbers or airplay it gets, the main way that helps (besides making money!) is by making it more accessible to a wider audience. I just hope Justin makes enough to be able to continue putting out more albums.

LoveMyDaisyRock

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 07:50:26 pm »
I ordered my copy from itunes the first week of March and I'm really enjoying the album. It's a nice change a pace from some of the heavier music I've been listening to lately.  I also ordered the album from this site so I could have a hard copy (signed) and the guitar pick....which has a nice home beside my Frank Hannon pick on the wall in my "guitar room." I think that the album's sales will pick up if Justin continues touring a bunch venues (big or small) and sells Cd's (and tshirts, posters, etc.) at the shows.  Keeping my fingers crossed that the worldwide sales are going to be way higher than expected...Justin and this great album deserve it :)

tomell

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 10:56:39 pm »
I have just got the album.(spec edit with dvd) some great songs on there i esp like from katies window,
not had time to view dvd yet,
I bought it for 2 reasons,  To help and to try and give something back for the free lessons / songs and guitar help thats available, and also for the music, (by the way it wasnt bought out of guilt as i have made a small donation in the past)
As an amateur guitarist (very average ability) i have found the tabs and vids from justin to be a real help and inspiration to keep playing.
I hope to try and learn at least some of "from katies window" from the tab and video lesson too.
Good luck with the sales and if you are ever playing live in  north east  england I will be there to see it.

Offline bika

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 01:44:03 am »
Bought it ... So buy it!! 8)
bika

Offline mickk

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 05:47:54 pm »
OK, I admit I bought the album as a way of giving something back for all the great work done on this site, but I've found myself listening to it more and more. So even if you don't think it's your thing give it a try, you might be supprised and you know it makes sense!

Paula.M

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010, 05:04:12 pm »
I bought the Album when i went to see Justin play in London at Bush hall, the Album is so beautiful and am rinsing it at the moment, lots of inspiration from it too so it's defo worth buying.  ;D

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 11:16:32 pm »
Thanks for the good vibes dudes and dudettes :)

I've been too busy lately I forgot almost that I write and play... looking forward to the tour - doing nothing but play guitars (and drive I guess ;)) for a month!

Offline bika

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
Re: Electric, Bluesy Thing
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 04:50:14 am »
... "Rust Never Sleeps" or "Electric Lady Land" ?

raybeez

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 04:13:24 pm »
hello
i am newbie and just got ste..it a good record..i agree that we all should try to help this guy as we can. his lessons are great and well worth the price of ste..imho

Get The Forum As A Mobile App