Author Topic: Playalong without Rythm Guitar?  (Read 4469 times)

starcd_at

Playalong without Rythm Guitar?
« on: January 18, 2010, 10:51:05 am »
Hi Justin,

I really like the Blues Play along tracks ;D But sometimes the rythm guitar (which is brilliant!) let me not enough space for improvisation :'(. The rythm git brings the hole track in a certain mood and its sometimes a little bit too present. So it would be great to have the tracks as an alternative without rythm git to make them even more felxible.
I know this is extra work and time... But maybe next time you have to mix some other tracks for your website :D

Thanks a lot
Frank

Offline Tourniquet

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 72
  • Time exists in abundance until it runs out
Re: Playalong without Rythm Guitar?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 11:04:48 am »
You want backing tracks... without the backing ???
have a look at drum machines.
       Road Case        Singing Primer guide

Offline Bootstrap

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
  • Never yield.
    • The Tale Of Bootstrap
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 12:44:37 pm »
@ Starcd_at - I thought exactly that when I first started to impro over these tracks too - but the more I practiced the more I realised I needed to "get in the mood" of whatever track I was playing over and use different "words" & "sentances" (Justinese for notes & licks) sometimes faster, sometimes slower so I was speaking the same language as the backing track (to keep the "word" analogy going). I naturally found it easier with some than others - but now I can pretty much impro over all of the tracks. The other day Mrs Bootstrap (my least subtle critic) stuck her head through the door and gave me a double thumbs up when I was soloing over A Dirty Blues - which is one of the busier tracks and the one I found most difficult to "talk" to.

Same goes for the Major Jam

Stick with it dude - it may not happen over night, but it will happen.

Cheers, Bootstrap
The best guitar is the one you have in your hands
Road Case last update 11 Mar 2012

starcd_at

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 08:34:42 pm »
I'm with you Bootstrap. It's important to feel and get the mood of the band. And that's what you can and should learn with these tracks!
What I want to suggest is only a second version of the tracks as extra "ad on". For those like me that need a little bit more room to develop their own style. 
But maybe it's also the fact that I'm used to the sound of my guitar hero's "Johny Winter, Larry Carlton etc.". They usually don't have a second guitar player on their records. :)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 151
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 10:34:14 pm »
We're planning to do some with no rhythm guitar - and also no bass and no drums!!

But we have to get the modes backing tracks done first - then we'll probably come back and re-visit the tracks!

J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

charlieguitars

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 10:52:32 pm »
um did justin say no bass, drums, or rhythym? 
Brilliant!!! He's going to sell blank CD's!
Well played Justin, well played indeed

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 151
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 11:02:58 pm »
ha ha ha - one instrument missing at a time.

LMFAO.
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Get The Forum As A Mobile App