Author Topic: Blues Jam Tracks Download - chords question  (Read 5667 times)

kevoid

Blues Jam Tracks Download - chords question
« on: January 01, 2010, 02:55:46 pm »
Hello:

I downloaded the blues jams tracks, which I do like.
However, I have a question.
Do you have the chord progressions for the individual tracks?

It would help greatly to work on arpeggios, modes, major/minor pentatonic.
I am trying to work on changing modes/arpeggios following the chords instead of always playing something like the blues scale in "A" or "G" major pentatonic all the way through. Knowing the individual chords would be of great help.

So, I am hoping you may have the chords/progressions in pdf form or similar that I can get from you.

Thanks for a great site.

Oh - another question for you (your opinion here).
I am 46, haven't played much other then banging on an acoustic around the house for about 15 years. Used to pretty much site read scoring/music, was a lead/rhythm guitarists in bands/etc, but - if you don't use it you lose it. Do you think your new beginners course, or maybe something else would be beneficial. At the moment I am using your freebie stuff here (plus the blues jams tracks) and mel bays guitar method. Trying to become a real boogie/blues guitarist this time around. Was a rock and metal guy the first go around.

Sorry to be so lengthy but your help and opinion are going to be highly regarded here...

Thanks again - Kevin ([email protected])

Offline Bootstrap

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
  • Never yield.
    • The Tale Of Bootstrap
Re: Blues Jam Tracks Download - chords question
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 03:03:21 pm »
They are all Blues progressions so they will all be I, IV, V of the respective key - probably with a healthy smattering of dominant 7th chords so it shouldn't be too hard to work out - just strum along and fiddle till it sounds about right eg A7, D7, E7

B
The best guitar is the one you have in your hands
Road Case last update 11 Mar 2012

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 09:13:21 am »
@kevoid - they are just all I IV V progressions - but I'll try and get a tab together for them, quite a few people have asked now...

What you should do?? maybe try the blues lead course might be fun - the beginners course always good for a refresher if you've had a break - stop any bad habbits coming back ;)

good luck, J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

geisman

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 08:18:02 am »
I was just about to ask the same question. Thanks for the info Justin.

Each song will use a "blues scale" (minor with an extra one) right? Also maybe Aeolian or Dorian too? No major scales right?

Great CD to jam with. Your site is great it has really helped me progress in my playing. Thanks!!

Thanks again dude, youre awesome.
Rich

Get The Forum As A Mobile App