Author Topic: annoying ringing sound  (Read 1035 times)

tillyman

annoying ringing sound
« on: December 31, 2009, 03:20:50 pm »
hey everyone,
i bought a Sqiuer Standard Strat a few weeks ago. It has Alnico Magnet Single-Coil Pickups and I´m running it through a Fender Blues Junior. On the Neck and Middle Pickups, if I leave the guitar´s volume knob on 10, theres an annoying high pitched sort of ringing noise. If I just turn volume to 8 it´s gone. I dont think its the amp, cause I dont have thsi with any other guitars. The noise is very "inconspicuous", and only audible when playing chords. It just sounds waaay to trebly. Is this just cause its a xx--xx guitar with bad pickups, or is the instrument messed up? I guessed its the pickups, so if I replaced these with some decent ones, do you guys think that woudl solve the problem?
Thanks for any help

Offline stevics

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 5
  • Saaarfend
Re: annoying ringing sound
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 02:40:00 am »
Don't Panic
This maybe just a slight technique change or a set up change.

I am not a Strat user but on my Les Paul i always back of the volume just a bit on the neck (Laws of physics say more dynamic effect!).

Or your 'strumming' position may be too static. (move and damp).

There also maybe some harmonics in there, get to know the guitar more and they may become usefull!!!!

Happy New Year.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:17:27 pm by stevics »
"No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

Clips:      http://soundcloud.com/stevics

Get The Forum As A Mobile App