Author Topic: For Reviews ONLY please  (Read 19617 times)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 136
    • justinguitar.com
For Reviews ONLY please
« on: November 30, 2009, 03:34:48 pm »
Please let me know your thoughts - how did you like it?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 12:03:31 am by justinguitar »
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Jekyll

Re: For Reviews ONLY please
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 12:12:40 pm »
Well. Had one watch through this morning.
I was already doing 'some' 16th note strumming but now have a more complete understanding of it. Rhythm is explained very well. Once you break it down as you suggest it makes a lot more sense. Rhyming slash diagram thingies -once like hieroglyphics to me -are now pretty easy. Now looking over some tuition books that I was struggling with before for this reason.

I have not mastered all the concepts on it yet. I still need to practice from the 'muting' onwards, there is still a lot of mileage in this DVD for me.

Like all the other product I have bought from you, 'it does exactly what it says on the tin' and is a good follow on from RUST 1. Everything is explained very well, so you just need to pause the DVD and practice the bit you need to master.

Jeds video productions are becoming more and more 'professional' all the time, Excellent quality, and I particularly like the on screen graphics. I printed out the notes before starting but have had little need for them.

As usual great value for money and I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

Thanks for mailing it out so quickly jed, and thanks again Justin for a great product.

Jekyll
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 08:18:46 pm by Jekyll »

Green45

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 04:00:30 am »
Just purchased this off of the download iso section! Very excited, one because of the price drop and two because of the quick access, haha...

Used the program magic iso, which i would highly recommend if you intend on keeping the file on your computer, or HDD. It basically creates an imaginary external drive on your computer and accesses the file as if it were a cd.

Anyways, to the dvd.. This is exactly what I needed to help get my strumming to the next level. After getting my basic rhythm strumming down with the first version this helped improve my range significantly. Still just getting into it so I have much more to accomplish and can't wait.

Really want to thank you Justin for all your help! Cheers

Offline chix2

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 61
    • Loros charity with my song on it
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 06:30:02 pm »
i have both an they are both  very helpfull and exlcent value
i have and still am learning alot  from them speicaly bout the 16th not strumming.. these  sets an justins  teatchings  have  bought me along way in my rythum playing ..alot so big thank you

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 136
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 10:39:40 pm »
Cheers :)
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

perry

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 12:12:38 am »
I recently purchased the RUST2 ISO.  After Jedi reset the server (thanks!) - FreeCorder took 8 hours to download it on my decrepit DSL.  I have watched it (quickly) once, and am now moving through each pattern rather quickly.  RUST2 is definitely worth the price (especially the ISO download price.)

Each student has a learning block, or they wouldn't be seeking an instructor.  I'm a visual learner, and my particular block was rhythm notation.  Justin patiently explains what it all means with the dreaded white board ;) .  My breakthrough is seeing the pattern on paper, then hearing it in my head.  After that, the hands just seem to do the right thing.

Justin breaks down 16th note strumming into understandable pieces, then combines the pieces into more complicated rhythms.  Given the palette of patterns, the next step is to listen to any music you like and write the pattern.  One small drawback of watching RUST2 - people may notice you 16th-strumming an air guitar as you listen to your tunes.

Justin - one question kept nagging me as I watched the DVD.  The duct tape is fairly noticeable. What did you do to your pick guard? 

Offline Blackheathen

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 03:48:56 pm »
Just ordered the RUST pack - so eagerly awaiting their arrival in Oz;-)
Will review when it gets here.
Takamine, Santa Fe, DSF 45C

AngDaga

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 05:06:57 pm »
I've been playing for a couple years and always had a hard time with strumming. Got a lot of chords down, but everything seemed to sound the same. I picked up RUST 1 and 2 and couldn't be more satisfied. Rust 2 especially has taught me so much and I'm only a quarter of the way through it. 16th note strumming is finally making sense. Jusin's material is all second to none. Better than the few lessons I've taken face to face and definitely superior to all other internet resources. Well worth the money and happy to support this guy so he'll continue cranking out more material for us!

EbruGursoy

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 09:50:55 pm »
I like it too. But I would have liked it more, If I could hear some of the patterns with songs. i.e I wish I knew for example strumming pattern 28 was used on so and so popular songs... Then it would be a lot more helpful and fun...

Offline Dr Winterbourne

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 54
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 11:20:04 am »
Im at the consolidation phase of having finished the dvd, and I couldnt be happier. At about pattern 37 something kicked in, and my rhythm playing reached a new level. I recall a similar thing happened when I was doing the Beginners Course and we reached the ties in pattern 9. Practicing that my right hand finally learned independance, and I could sing and play at the same time. At least to that pattern.

I sat at that level for a long time, but working through this dvd, diligently following all the advice and practicing everything, trusting that Justin knows just how to present things sequentially, I have reached the next step. By the tie I got to the end I just picked up my guitar and played Wonderwall from memory and the pattern juat came. I remember trying for weeks to nail that pattern last year.

Thank you Just for RUST 2. I didnt feel I got much more fromRUST I than I learnt on hte Beginners Course, but number two was just what I needed and it is a very good product.
Squier Custom II Telecaster, Yerasov GTA 15, Vox AC4, Big Muff, Vox Wah, Bad Monkey, Belcat Analog Delay, Phase 90, Ditto X2, Dyna Comp, Splash MkIII, Boss TU3, bashed-up acoustic, Keyser and Shubb capos, picks, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power

Offline pumukk

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 10:38:12 pm »
Really good job! 8) But it´d be better with some songs, e.g one song per rhythm patter  ;)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App