Author Topic: Tourniquet  (Read 5459 times)

Offline Tourniquet

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 72
  • Time exists in abundance until it runs out
Tourniquet
« on: November 13, 2009, 07:44:51 am »
Tourniquets Road Case.
       Road Case        Singing Primer guide

Offline zkash_guitarist

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 5
Re: Tourniquet
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 07:22:05 am »
(hope you don't mind me hijacking your post Zkash, But I figure since I can modify other peoples posts in here but not my own It makes more sense to use someone elses post for the main feature)

Gear:

Guitars:

Rockwood strat copy (Bridge now a blade humbucker)                Brian may signature red special, mahogany body, trisonic pickups
1987 American strat fitted with a Kahler tremolo.                       RPG, loaded with p90s basswood body and set neck

Lindo les paul with a spruce body                                                Atrius "Queensryche" guitar with licenced floyd
Columbus les paul with a plywood body and fake humbuckers           rose and locking nut (and, i suspect, an mdf body)
(bridge now upgraded to a "boston" alnico 5 humbucker)                 Wesley paddle style guitar made from acrylic

Both are "Axe" ::) guitars, plywood body,                                  Partsocaster from a yamaha erg121 and rockwood neck,
                                                                                        also converted to a hardtail.
bottom one I have stripped the paint off of the fretboard            bottom is a gear4music SG style guitar, basswood body.
                                                                                        (Now fitted with a set of Ibanez AH (1&2) pickups)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/tourniquet42/guitars7.jpg
top is a gear4music 12 string acoustic. spruce top, sapele sides, Very good value for money if you're after a budget 12 string. (has now been fitted with a homemade Piezoelectric pickup)
Bottom is a 70's "audition" semi acoustic, very unusual pickups, bigsby style trem, nasty bridge I intend to replace with a TOM eventually, Individual switching for the pickups (oddly).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/tourniquet42/guitars8.jpg
Top is my scratchbuild project, now with truss rod (which i stupidly started to peel the shrink wrap off of... no biggie, I can rebind it), pickups donated from a 2003 epiphone (also got an ibanez donor set I can try if I don't like these), and aluminium fret markers.
Bottom is a marlin neck with locking nut, got it for the partsocaster but the neck socket wasn't suitable.... I'll find a use for it later.

Abscent are My Aria PE-Elite (visible in my old sig further down) is back but I need to get round to photographing it.
a gear4music ovation style 6 string

Amplifiers:
Blackstar HT-5 stack          Roland Cube 30X                 Vox Amplug & mini cabinet

Page G15 (Almost completely unheard of amp, looks like an old practice amp, I'll photograph it and the other amps properly at a later date)

Effects:
Digitech RP250 multifx (these days stripped back to just use single effects)
Boss TU-2 tuner

Misc:
Shure C606 Microphone
Yoga DM-2100 Microphone
Superscope condenser Microphone
Pop filter
Livewire instrument cables
Shubb capo

DIY'er bag of goodies
3in1 multipurpose oil - Micrometer gauge - Feeler gauge - Tescos 31 piece precision screwdriver set - Artists brush
Set of allen keys - Bottle of almond oil 13 years past it's "use by" date - 00 gauge wire wool
Meguiar's gold class car polish - All purpose wood adhesive and cyanoacrylate superglue - Adjustable spanner, Needle file set, craft knife
Weller 25Watt soldering iron - Tape: Masking, electrical, double sided, sellotape

Storage:
All guitars are stored on a rack modified for purpose to save space.

modifications documented in this post
http://www.justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=17810.0

Scratchbuild project
Currently on hold until a little corner I can call my own becomes available again.
progress so far documented here
http://www.justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=7709.0

Old Sig (won't be kept long......)

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:18:00 pm by Tourniquet »
Check out my roadcase.

davemoss

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 07:43:40 am »
Looks like they're on your bed. How do you get any sleep ???

Offline Lemming

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 13
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 06:08:50 pm »
Today I am mostly liking the Brian May, the Queensryche, & very much the semi acoustic  ;)
www.lemming750.co.uk
www.theuniononline.com/
www.myspace.com/glamalice

My Gear:.......
Hohner Strat copy;Aria Les Paul Copy; Applause Electro Acoustic; Novanex 50W amp; Roland Microcube; Tony iommi's Pre-amp !!

Offline Lemming

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 13
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 06:00:46 pm »
Also, could I just say, you reminded me that I haven't heard Operation Mindcrime for absolutely bl**dy ages, so I dug it out again & stuck it in the car, so thank you for that, what a stonkingly good album it is  ;) Possibly THE best concept album in the world. EVER !!! (imo)
www.lemming750.co.uk
www.theuniononline.com/
www.myspace.com/glamalice

My Gear:.......
Hohner Strat copy;Aria Les Paul Copy; Applause Electro Acoustic; Novanex 50W amp; Roland Microcube; Tony iommi's Pre-amp !!

Offline licksnkicks

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 01:04:08 am »
Wow holy crap you have a lot of beautiful guitars.  I think I like the looks of the rockwood strat copy.  You obviously are a connoisseur of guitars.  Very clever on the storing method of your "babys". 

Licksnkicks
Boss Katana 1X12 100W Vox DA5 CL amp, Gibson SG Standard, Parker Nitefly electric/accoustic guitar,  Parker P-38 SA electric/accoustic guitar,  Academy electric custom guitar,  0 tolerance 4 stupidity

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 151
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 12:29:20 am »
nice collection dude!

I am going to have to make a page like this...

J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline PJMCM

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 8
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 03:19:24 pm »
nice collection dude!

J

Now that I would like to see!!

Peter
We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing. (George Bernard Shaw)

1986 Epiphone Dreadnought Acoustic
Freshman FA1AM
Yamaha Pacifica 112V
1980's Hondo Bass (DIY restoration fun!)
Peavey Vypyr 30

Offline Xaromir

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 21
  • Coolthulhu
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 03:23:31 pm »
nice collection dude!

J

Now that I would like to see!!

Peter

+1
_██_ 
.o_ರೃ Seriously now!

Offline Bootstrap

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
  • Never yield.
    • The Tale Of Bootstrap
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 04:58:32 am »
Torni - you're a genius - it never occured to me to edit the first reply and have that as the main post!
The best guitar is the one you have in your hands
Road Case last update 11 Mar 2012

bigoli

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 06:07:46 am »
Looks like they're on your bed. How do you get any sleep ???
You don't sleep with your guitar? What a weirdo.

That Lindo les Paul looks very sexy

Offline zkash_guitarist

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 02:05:00 pm »
  LOL! :D
Check out my roadcase.

Offline Tourniquet

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 72
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 08:41:29 pm »

Lindo top before

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/tourniquet42/Lindo.jpg
Lindo after

Been doing a little work on the Lindo les paul.
Stripped the front finish off and used some Rustins "red mahongany" wood dye on it. The wood itself is rather ho-hum, all the grain and pattern you see is an effect if the method used to apply the dye.
Rustins clear varnish was used to finish.... one thick coat brushed on... very uneven and wavy. Did intend to go through multiple coats with sanding and polishing but I decided I liked the rough and ready look.
Pickups have been replaced with a set from an Epiphone donor (better than stock but i might find something with a bit more grunt later)

Offline MadCat

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 6
  • Kassel-Germany
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 09:00:59 pm »
Wow, nice work. Looks very sweet!
Do you plan to put back on the pickguard?
What I think looks a bit weird, is, that now there are chrome pickups while the rest of the hardware is gold.

My gear is here

Offline Tourniquet

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 72
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 09:32:32 pm »
Cheers ;)
Not really a fan of the les paul pickguard so I'll probably leave it off for now.
chances are any future pickups would be uncovered anyway... may even uncover these.... hmmm, sounds like a plan ;D

Get The Forum As A Mobile App