Author Topic: Boss DD6 opinions  (Read 1462 times)

Stevie

Boss DD6 opinions
« on: October 30, 2009, 10:50:56 pm »
I'm considering purchasing one soon.  Did this meet/exceed your expectations for a good value digi delay?  I've found it does have a generally good rep.  Thanks :)

exd

Re: Boss DD6 opinions
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 11:29:42 pm »
I don't know about the boss dd6, but if you allow me to throw and idea into the air:
http://www.artecsound.com/effect/adl-2.htm

Analog delay with direct bypass. I didn't try it, but there is going an artec fever around here which is not unfounded: great sounding pedals for more than reasonable prices.
If you have a change of trying one do it.

monteverdi9

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 01:41:56 am »
i had a boss digital delay not too long ago...believe it was the 6...  if you're looking for a digital delay you really can't go wrong...honestly, though it wasn't for me.  Many of the features i didn't use much, tap tempo can be useful and some of the other features are fun to play with, but i didn't find them that practical for my purposes. 

my real issue with the digital delays is that they seem to lack warmth, which is great if that's what you're after.  I sold it and bought a ehx memory man, the warmth is definately there but it has it's setbacks as well.  my next delay will be a cmatmods deeelay, very cool sounding pedal, they've got a website if you're interested.

good luck in your search,

Tigger

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 10:13:13 am »
I have a DD-7 which got rave reviews.

The Keely (a pedal modding company) website sell DD-7's stock as they are great right out of the box...

So I guess ditch the DD-6 idea and look for a 7.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App