Author Topic: jack johnson & vocal pointers  (Read 3674 times)

thicker-than-water03

jack johnson & vocal pointers
« on: January 01, 2007, 09:09:21 am »
hey justin

just stumbled on one of your jack johnson lessons...not bad man, not bad.  

so i'm a 15 y/o guitarist & vocalist, i checked out your myspace (nice work, Falling Next to You was my favorite), and i write stuff simmelar to you and jack johnson, tho my voice is lower, like his.

from what i heard on your myspace, you have a pretty solid voice.  i wont spill my life story on you but i've been told i have a natural gift with music n whatnot, love to write and play, but i'm looking to advance my writing and singing abilities.    

it'd be sick if you made a vocal thread...if you dont want to do that, some vocal pointers are appreciated.

if you have some time, i'd love to hear from you, maybe give me a few pointers on a good warm up, excersises, things to do while singing to get solid tone, things to do to improve, etc.

[email protected]

thx alot man i appreciate it

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 160
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 01:26:38 pm »
i am so not a singer!

i only sing to express my songs and know nothing about warming up, or exercises or anything.

sorry dude.

boud to be lots on the web if you look around.

cheers
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Andy

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 12:04:34 pm »
I am a classically trained tenor. The best advice I can give to someone your age is get singing lessons. The generally attitude with voice is that you thing you can just practice and teach yourself. But there are some very important techniques that you have to be taught. And if you aren't using proper technique you are slowly damaging your voice every time you practice hard. That goes for all styles of singing.

So look for someone in your area who is experienced in teaching the style of singing you want to learn.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App