Author Topic: BC-152 • The Note Circle  (Read 5894 times)

Offline TB-AV

• Honorable Ex-Mod
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 281
Re: BC-152 • The Note Circle
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 05:23:42 pm »
Justin I already saw the note circle lesson but I don't understend two things... 1st- when I move a fret up I get a semi-tone higher wright??? And second and most important of all the chords are EBGDAE but when i play that particulary note alone whit no fingers is  like in the G stays G and when I put my finger on the first fret passes to G sharp ?? and when i move my fingers one fret up passes to A??? It's that it??? HELP ME PLEASE!
p.s. sry my bad english because my oficcial language it's portuguese  :D :D :D :D

Yes to all of that.

No matter where you are.... if you know the name of the note, then the next one will always be the same next note.

EX. if you play a G note anywhere on the neck, the next note up will be G# then A etc.

The order of notes never changes.

TB-  SOUNDCLOUD
HexaramaQuadraFunk© -- HeXMoD©

Offline GuitarNewbie4U

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 08:38:26 pm »
 OK THAN when I do this I'm doing the note G to pass to G# I need to move my 3 fingers up one fret??  :o

Offline m_c

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 11:48:36 pm »
@misterG, thx, I finally think I know why these key's exist :-)

The treble Clef or Solsleutel or G-Key is used for most instruments to make it possible to write down music.

Problems start to exist when you want to write down music for more Bass-like instruments (Bassguitar?). You can't put them on the stave's anymore, (because they'll come below it) so they just figured: "hey, why not put it all up 5 tones on the stave?" And the Bass Clef or Fasleutel or F-Key was born.

Something like that? ;-)

I know this is an old post, but I've been having a bit read through the posts for each vid as I watch them, and I actually know the answer to this!

I was told that if you go back far enough, musicians used 11 lines, however as you can imagine, it was hard to read. So somebody had the idea of removing the middle C line, and then eventually the treble and bass lines got moved further apart, which is why if you take the bass and treble lines and move them so the low treble C and high bass C overlap, you get a continous progression.

Offline buffaguitar82

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 07:46:30 am »
Quick question I was wondering if someone could awnser for me-
I was flipping through the sheet music at my local book store the other day and found a jazz fake book that claimed to be for songs in the key of Eb (e flat). According to my understanding of keys, the key of the song is the first note of the scale it's written in. The issue is that, at least to my knowledge, Eb doesn't exist, there's no note between E and F...
Is this some strange Jazz music concept I've never heard of? Or do I just not understand the note circle and there is a note between E and F?
Thanks!

Offline shadowscott007

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 81
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 10:10:27 am »
Eb is a half step lower than E.  F is a half step higher than E.

So Eb does exist.

Shadow

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Online stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 79
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 05:49:26 pm »
In Jazz you would tone down you'd play up the neck but in Rock there are a lot of bands that tune
down a 1/2 step to Eb. If you ever a hard time playing in tune with bands like GnR tune your guitar
down to Eb and you'll fit right in.

Offline buffaguitar82

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2015, 10:21:23 pm »
OK, I see, I was just reading it wrong. :P thanks!

Offline tobyjenner

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 28
  • Playing for 19 years - Learning for three!!
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2015, 11:33:10 pm »
E flat is D sharp. Simples 8)
You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll if you're too young to die.....Jethro Tull

https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/