Author Topic: BC-191 • Easy Slash Chords (D/F#, G/B, C/G)  (Read 7831 times)

Offline shadowscott007

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 94
Re: BC-191 • Easy Slash Chords (D/F#, G/B, C/G)
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2015, 07:32:09 pm »
Never one to avoid flogging a dead horse... somethinks just popped into my concious thoughts this morning... assuming you want to work the pinky rather than alter the fingering of the G/B.

If you have been through the beginner's course you have been introduced to the open C7 chord.  Start there and move your pinky from the Bb (b7) note that is on the 3rd string third fret up to the 2nd string third fret, the D note.  Now you are playing one of the grips for Cadd9.  Switch between them while strumming slowly.

The Cadd grip is a little less stretchy than the G/B grip you were going for, but more stretchy than the C7.

Once that Cadd9 grip is comfortable you can start there and switch between that to the G/B grip you were working.  The second finger just moves down one string from the second fret of the 4th string to the second fret of the 5th string.

Breaking it down into two littler stretches.  Fooling your hand into doing your bidding.

Think that horse has stopped twitching, now...

Shadow

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 50
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 11:03:00 pm »
Shadow

Really appreciate that, as this was all about the pinkie collapsing and sliding under and back towards the second fret, either on the 1st or 2nd string when playing G/B as per Justin's fingering. I know alternative fingering is an option but I'm not sure how they will dovetail into the stage 9 songs where Justin plays it with just 2nd and 4th fingers.

I'll take this all on board and explore all these fingerings (voicings?) and see how they fit with the stage songs and chord progressions......................will this delay the IM start......not sure as Stitch's comments have sent me off in a search for easy open chord Skynyrd songs to play with (just about to post some 'simples' folk out there, as espeically as there seems to be a bunch of +50s starting recently, that should appreciate that kinda sh£t!!! 8)
BC Mar 2013 to Jan 2015 IM started mid April 2015
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Fender SquirerStrat; Washburn HB30 and HB32 ; Encore W265 ; RSA acoustic
Behringer GX110 Amp Zoom GFX707 effects pedal
Behringer Q802USB AI DAW Reaper

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 96
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2015, 11:36:24 pm »
s this was all about the pinkie collapsing and sliding under and back towards the second fret, either on the 1st or 2nd string when playing G/B as per Justin's fingering.

I had another look at the picture you posted and you have the palm of your hand is parallel with the neck
curling you pinky. Try turning your wrist a little towards the headstock, this will straighten your pinky out
so it won't collapse.

Don't hold off on the IM course because I keep distracting you. You can play all the open chord songs using
barre chords.  :) That's a good way to practice your barre chords, playing songs you already have down
in open chord using barre chords.

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 50
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2015, 11:38:44 pm »
Cheers Stitch, will try changing the position.............comments on my Easy LS songs will also be appreciated 8)
BC Mar 2013 to Jan 2015 IM started mid April 2015
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Fender SquirerStrat; Washburn HB30 and HB32 ; Encore W265 ; RSA acoustic
Behringer GX110 Amp Zoom GFX707 effects pedal
Behringer Q802USB AI DAW Reaper