Author Topic: Back in black!  (Read 6672 times)

Offline Carl

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
Back in black!
« on: August 03, 2009, 03:59:56 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q0y1YF8kbc

same as the description in my vid, i don't feel like writting anything else xD
------------------------
Back in black!! one of my favorite songs of all time by the great AC DC

I didn't take this cover too seriously compared to my other covers, in those i was way too concentrated on my playing and worried about making mistakes and stuff, but in this one i was just having fun ;) (i still screwed up many times though xD)

I didn't use any special recording equipment in this cover, it was pretty random actually, i was just practicing in my bedroom and went like this:
"Hmm i wanna record back in black, so i have to turn on the computer, connect my pedal, open cubase, put the camera in place, grab my guitar, bring the amp, import the song's audighaskdjahsdkg F**K IT!!!" and instead I just used the camera :P

One thing i regret though is having the camera so close to me, you can hear me wildly hitting the strings but its not so bad during the solos

In the future i will upload a second cover of this song, with better audio quality and hopefully better playing, i'm talking about a year or two, to check my progress you know ;)

ROCK ON!!

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 430
  • Teesside, North East England.
Re: Back in black!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 06:52:54 am »
Hi Carl

That was great - well done - punchy snapping chords and a great solo with tasty bend vibrato

:-)

I've subscribed to your channel and am checking out your other videos - some good stuff there

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 430
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 07:20:16 am »
Hey Carlos - listened to quite a few now ...

you've really got some good covers on your channel - you've played for 1 1/2 years?

good progress ... do you think the flute and piano lessons have helped?

you have a really good sense of timing and dynamics in your picking and chord work

:)

Offline DeadlyChicken

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 22
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 07:53:21 am »
I still fidn its a tricky song to play, those pull offs in the main riff can be hard to get soudning just right

and the solos really worked ;)

big thumbs up ;)
Gear:~
Electric
Epiphone Les Paul Std, Fender MIM Strat, Gherson SG copy
Amps
Roland Cube 30X, V Amp pro, Marshall DSL401
Acoustic
Ashton SL29CEQ, Fender Malibu SCE
FX
TU-2, crybaby JH-1b, DS-2, EH Stereo Memory Man w Hazarai

Offline marcusmarkmus

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 68
  • \,,/ SandmarX \,,/
    • my guitar playing videos! =) check them out!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 07:35:47 pm »
awesome dude!  Crazy vibrato, wish I could vibrate like that!
by the way, there are bt's without angus, but WITH vocals on the web, do a quick search, its more fun =)
anyway, really sweet cover bro, keep it up!
My band on Facebook: Sandmarx
on youtube: SandmarxTube

lleitzke

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 08:59:34 pm »
yeah dude that was really good, and the sticking around for the solos was definitely worth, and i'd rather have more bend vibrato then the record, oppsed to my problem ( no bend vibrato) ha

Offline licksnkicks

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 12:01:07 am »
This too is my fav AC/DC song.  You did an awesome job.  I hope when I get to that 1 1/2 year marker that I will be able to play as well as you are.  Your ROCKIN'  my friend! 

Licksnkicks
Boss Katana 1X12 100W Vox DA5 CL amp, Gibson SG Standard, Parker Nitefly electric/accoustic guitar,  Parker P-38 SA electric/accoustic guitar,  Academy electric custom guitar,  0 tolerance 4 stupidity

Offline Carl

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 12:29:46 am »
Hey Carlos - listened to quite a few now ...

you've really got some good covers on your channel - you've played for 1 1/2 years?

good progress ... do you think the flute and piano lessons have helped?

you have a really good sense of timing and dynamics in your picking and chord work

:)

thank you, and yes definitely i think having any type of musical background will help when learning other instruments, so you can skip the usually boring absolute-beginner music theory e.g. "this note is G and this is A, a bar is this, 4/4 means that etc" also you already have a sense of tempo, that's one thing my piano teacher was always bugging me with, i guess she had good reasons (i sticked to the piano lessons for a while mainly because i had a lovely teacher xD)

quick question, what are dynamics?? xD i think i should go over the theory again  :P

I still fidn its a tricky song to play, those pull offs in the main riff can be hard to get soudning just right

and the solos really worked ;)

big thumbs up ;)

thanks!
tho i didn't play the main riff with pull offs, only one the first time it finishes (not the low notes part), on the G string  ;)

awesome dude!  Crazy vibrato, wish I could vibrate like that!
by the way, there are bt's without angus, but WITH vocals on the web, do a quick search, its more fun =)
anyway, really sweet cover bro, keep it up!

thanks!
its the first type of vibrato i've ever learned, back when my dad told me to learn "Corazon Espinado" by Santana, i couldn't learn the whole song obviously (i was playing for 4 or 5 months then) but i really liked that vibrato technique. But now i find that nice and slow vibratos are very hard for me
check out this video and jump to 0:37 to see my slow vibrato fail xD
i don't see how not having angus would make it more fun... jk ;)
yes i know, in fact i do have a backing track with vocals and no lead guitar, but i just didn't like the dude's voice xD

yeah dude that was really good, and the sticking around for the solos was definitely worth, and i'd rather have more bend vibrato then the record, oppsed to my problem ( no bend vibrato) ha

thanks for sticking around  ;) that crazy bend vibrato has cost me some strings...but totally worth it!!! haha

This too is my fav AC/DC song.  You did an awesome job.  I hope when I get to that 1 1/2 year marker that I will be able to play as well as you are.  Your ROCKIN'  my friend! 

Licksnkicks

thanks!! any acdc song is just great to jump around kicking stuff while headbanging ROCK ON!!

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 430
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 05:41:55 am »
... what are dynamics ...

volume, intensity, how you attack or caress the strings and make the notes

edit

great example here (although different style to a lot of your playing but I hope it helps understand what dynamics are / can do)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuddiGEVZQU

in the 1st minute, then again between about 5 - 7 minutes
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 05:51:12 am by close2u »

Offline licksnkicks

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 01:28:45 am »
Carl can you tell me how long did it take you to get this song done!  I mean perfecting it?

Licksnkicks
Boss Katana 1X12 100W Vox DA5 CL amp, Gibson SG Standard, Parker Nitefly electric/accoustic guitar,  Parker P-38 SA electric/accoustic guitar,  Academy electric custom guitar,  0 tolerance 4 stupidity

Offline Carl

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 01:01:13 am »
thanks!

Carl can you tell me how long did it take you to get this song done!  I mean perfecting it?

Licksnkicks

well its not perfect  :P

i've been playing the song for 4 or 5 months i think, but these last few weeks i really concentrated on the solos correcting a few things i've been playing wrong  ;)

Offline licksnkicks

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 06:03:08 am »
I so loved this that I have to bump it up. Other people must see this! You are AMAZING!  There's no other word for it.  I hope to be as good as you one day.  Like the Nike slogan, JUST DO IT!!

Licksnkicks

Offline Carl

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 07:14:58 pm »
haha aim higher dude, like "I hope to be as good as Angus Young one day" for example ;)
I'm glad you liked it  ;D
i have a nike cap with that logo printed on the inside so that when i look up i can read it, i gotta say it has helped me in many situations haha

Offline licksnkicks

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 04:48:00 am »
So you have been playing for a year and a 1/2.  Does this make sense to you that this was the first song that I was to learn with my guitar teacher?  A little bit too hard for a beginner wouldn't you say?  Now that I have a little more experience under my belt I can just get thru the beginning and that's something for me but for the rest of this song, YIKES! (I have only been playing for 6 months)

Licksnkicks

Offline Carl

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 11:40:04 pm »
Yeah you're right, not a beginner song, maybe the rhythm for the verse but still it would be better to go for something easier so that you can play the whole thing :S I don't get some teachers...
anyways put a guitar in your hands every day and you'll be just fine ;)
we better leave the conversation there, we might be pissing off a forum mod xD

Get The Forum As A Mobile App