Author Topic: BC-145 • Forcing The Changes  (Read 17005 times)

Offline Tazz3

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
Re: BC-145 • Forcing The Changes
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2014, 10:09:18 pm »
I can go from Em to g with out stoping but other chords gives me trouble I think its psychologly to me lol

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 50
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2014, 11:19:54 pm »
Tazz for the ones that prove difficult slow it down, does not matter how slow, until you get it right, then slowly start to ramp up the speed. If you fluff now and then you need to ignore it, keep the right hand (strumming) moving and let the left hand / chord catch up. The theory is they will eventually sync..they will 8)
BC Mar 2013 to Jan 2015 IM started mid April 2015
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Fender SquirerStrat; Washburn HB30 and HB32 ; Encore W265 ; RSA acoustic
Behringer GX110 Amp Zoom GFX707 effects pedal
Behringer Q802USB AI DAW Reaper

Offline Tazz3

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2014, 03:18:53 am »
Thanks for the help Toby,I will slow it down I been at it 30 days give or take lol
I have quit guitar before but I won't this time

Offline mike42

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 44
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2014, 07:29:15 am »
30 days is not a long time. It'll take a few months for the chord grips to start feeling more natural.

You say that you've played before. For how long? I ask because you've made it to at least stage 3 if you're playing the G chord. Maybe you've managed to cruise through the first couple stages with your previous experience, but in any case I'd recommend not trying to rush through the course. Make sure you can do all of the things in the "should I move on?" section at the end of each stage before you go on.

Offline guitarnewbie1985

• Good Vibes 0
    • Shredkick
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2014, 04:01:03 pm »
Apprehension always holds me back the most, I get so nervous in front of people, I'm glad to see other people have the same issues and I'm not alone in my relative anxiety...
I sort of came up with this strategy (albeit it wasn't really a strategy as just a stubbornness to "not stop", as you put it), and it worked (for the most part, even though I still kinda suck)... But this lesson really formalized it for me.. Kudos, as always...
Shred on!