Author Topic: BC-131 • The G Chord  (Read 24011 times)

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 102
Re: BC-131 • The G Chord
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2015, 08:12:34 pm »
Practice the chords one at a time for a few minutes first. Play your C chord touch your leg with your hand,
then play the C chord again. Repeat 5 or 10 times. Do the same with the G chord or any chord you're having
trouble with. This will help your fingers form the chord as your changing chords.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 272
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2015, 09:47:39 pm »
Try this
Play a C chord with your little finger on the top e string fret 3 ... Playing the note g
Keep your little finger exactly there - don't move it when changing to a G chord that you play without your 1st finger
Place 3rd finger on low E string free 3 and middle on fret 2 of the A string

Change back and forward like this to train your 3 finger G chord

Offline Professor Kitty

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2016, 05:21:27 am »
Quick question about the fingering.

I notice in the video and in the diagram, the knuckles of his first and second fingers are apart, mine tend to naturally touch.
I'm not thinking it's a huge deal considering when I've tried to keep them apart and when I let them come together there's no difference that I can see but should I be trying to keep 'em separated for reasons I don't see yet?

Offline bradt

• test group
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 62
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2016, 05:36:47 am »
At this point, nope. Do what ya do, but keep trying to get your fingers close to the frets.

As you move forward, you will find a lot of things changing. One of them will be the stretch between your fingers. They just naturally get further apart.