Author Topic: BC-112 • The A Chord  (Read 97491 times)

Offline sairfingers

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 30
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿The guitar is the coolest instrument in the world
Re: BC-112 • The A Chord
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2020, 11:13:18 am »
Hi all, I see a lot of posts about differing fingering for the A chord, but ive never seen this one mentioned 2,3,1 (like Justin's A-minor, but with 1 on second fret).

It gives me the best sounding chord (no buzzing or muting) but it seems way out there.

Is it ok to continue with this? I know i'll lose the anchor finger for D and E, but if i use 2,1,3 it just doesnt sound right....
Each to his own. I’ve just tried this and find it impossible! If I were you I’d stick with Justin’s method as the anchor finger thing is really helpful. As Greg said earlier, if you can slide your index finger under the others it works best.
Have you tried using fingers 1,2,3? It’s a bit of a squeeze but that’s a well known alternative. There’s also the mini barre one that you’ll find later in the lessons.
Started with JG Feb 2018. BC (classic) completed, now on IM, Folk Fingerstyle and some Blues licks and impro...😎
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.

Offline joueur de guitare

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 34
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2020, 12:45:58 pm »
Each to his own. I’ve just tried this and find it impossible! If I were you I’d stick with Justin’s method as the anchor finger thing is really helpful. As Greg said earlier, if you can slide your index finger under the others it works best.
Have you tried using fingers 1,2,3? It’s a bit of a squeeze but that’s a well known alternative. There’s also the mini barre one that you’ll find later in the lessons.

I just tried it, and I got cramp in my fingers!

Mini barre's easier.
Guitars. Fender Highway 1 Tele: Fender Shortboard LE Mustang: Ibanez AS73 semi-hollow: Ibanez SR370 bass: Squier Affinity Strat: Squier Jagmaster.

Offline brianlarsen

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 84
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2020, 12:56:40 pm »
Hi all, I see a lot of posts about differing fingering for the A chord, but ive never seen this one mentioned 2,3,1 (like Justin's A-minor, but with 1 on second fret).

It gives me the best sounding chord (no buzzing or muting) but it seems way out there.

Is it ok to continue with this? I know i'll lose the anchor finger for D and E, but if i use 2,1,3 it just doesnt sound right....
I've used that fingering as a 'lazy cheat' when moving from Am to A. Just slide the first finger across. I wouldn't fancy trying to find it with an 'air change' though.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App