Author Topic: BC-119 • Stage 1 Practice Schedule  (Read 36150 times)

Offline elundril

• Good Vibes 0
Re: BC-119 • Stage 1 Practice Schedule
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2018, 02:02:05 pm »
Hi,

sorry if that question was already asked, i searched a little bit but couldn't find any answers.

So, i practiced the chord sequences, they sound pretty good already, but i get the feeling i have a little gap between the 4th and 1st strum of my bars. Its like AAAA DDDD EEEE DDDD, instead of AAAADDDDEEEEDDDD. Not very long, it's not because i'm focusing on the chord change. Would you recommend using a metronom for practicing?

Offline m_c

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 31
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2018, 04:56:51 pm »
Hi,

sorry if that question was already asked, i searched a little bit but couldn't find any answers.

So, i practiced the chord sequences, they sound pretty good already, but i get the feeling i have a little gap between the 4th and 1st strum of my bars. Its like AAAA DDDD EEEE DDDD, instead of AAAADDDDEEEEDDDD. Not very long, it's not because i'm focusing on the chord change. Would you recommend using a metronom for practicing?

As a beginner, you probably do a have a noticeable gap between chords, but at stage 1, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just getting the chords changes is more than good enough.

The metronome gets introduced during stage 2, and then the key step after that, is the Forcing the Changes lesson in stage 4.

Offline bigbl5

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2018, 05:01:16 pm »
Exactly what M_C said.  For stage one, don't worry about it.  In fact, as new chords are introduced, you will probably have that same problem with those as well, but then without even trying to work on the ADE per se, you will notice it going away for the A,D,E chords. And then it will go away for the Em, Dm, Am, and so on. 
I will eventually play as well as David Gilmour - even if it takes me another 40 years.

Offline elundril

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2018, 09:32:53 pm »
Ok, cool. Thank you very much for your help!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App