Author Topic: BC-118 • JUSTIN training exercises  (Read 48974 times)

Offline Bleeding2

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: BC-118 • JUSTIN training exercises
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2017, 02:48:45 pm »
Hallo,

Does any know an Android (or Windows) app to help with chord recognition? I found an (Android) app called ChordEar that's quite good, BUT some chords are missing and no more updates as far as I can tell.

About the one found on this forum, it's well put together but the audio clips are inconsistent in length, volume level, echo etc. So my mind grabs onto the inconsistencies to tell the chord apart not the sound  :-[.

Thanks for replying.

Offline Jrbaines100

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2017, 03:21:42 pm »
the single sound recognition  and chord proression excercises on the site will not play, soundcloud just says cannot play this right now

Offline Damian666

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2018, 08:13:21 pm »
I've just tried having a look at these and discovered that the sound files won't play, as mentioned above. It's on the new site so hopefully it's just teething trouble.

Offline Sven

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2018, 11:37:34 pm »
Hey Friends :)

I am looking for a possibility to do CPR (sequences). For the SSR i just recorded my own sounds, but for the CPR i can't use my own sounds due to i simply remember my own patterns.

Does anyone has an advice on that? Unfortunately i have an Android device, so i can't use Justins EarTrainer App.

Best regards,

Sven

Offline Sven

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2018, 04:46:37 pm »
Update:
I wrote a little Windows program to do random Chord Sequences. It works perfectly fine for me (Currently only A, D, E).
Just PM me in case you have some interest in it. :)

Offline scote

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2018, 10:11:29 pm »
Hey Sven this is what I'm doing for the JUSTIN training. I made a spreadsheet with different combinations of SSR AND CPR. I'm up to stage 3 and soon hoping to go to stage 4 so I have a lot of different combinations to do. I first was trying to record myself doing the different combos in one take but decided to just play the same chord a few times and turn it in to samples. Listened to my chords and Justin's chords and liked his much better. So I figured out how to download the JUSTIN training files and I'm turning them in to samples. I then take the samples and splice them together to make up the exercise that I have in my spreadsheet. It is time consuming but it is for personal use only and much better sounding than my guitar. I'm using Reaper DAW to make the samples and splicing. Also one thing that I have done is to sample every JUSTIN file so that I have every chord that Justin has done so that I can just make the needed exercises for later stages when I get to them.

I wish Justin had more ear training exercise available to android users like myself but he doesn't. I know using the JUSTIN audio is probably a gray ethical area but I'm just trying to get better at the whole ear training thing and will not be sharing or selling what I have done.

Offline Sven

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2018, 09:22:42 pm »
Thank you for your reply Scote!

That's also a great idea, but seems like much work to do.
The program i did for Windows was very easy to do. Now all i need is a WAV-file for every chord to add to my program.
It will be very easy to expand for the next stages. So i can play any combination.

But i see that not everyone is able to write a whole program for just that excersise!

However, thank you very much for your advice!

Greetings,
Sven

Offline w_ww_me

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
  • Almost finished the Beginners Course
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2019, 03:41:34 pm »
I have done the SSR (Single Sound Recognition) Test and the CPR (Chord Progression Recognition) Test on pages 48 and 49 of the Beginner's Course Book. On Page 51, there is a Stage 1 Practice Chart which has M T W T F S S at the top (Monday, Tuesday, Wendesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and at the bottom, it says: J.U.S.T.I.N Training and it says Single Sound Recognition and Chord Progression Recognition and to do that for 7 days.

Should I use the same audio that is on the website that I used to do the SSR and CPR test for 7 days? https://www.justinguitar.com/guitar-lessons/justin-ear-training-exercises-s1-bc-118

Get The Forum As A Mobile App