Author Topic: BC-123 • The Dmin Chord  (Read 45429 times)

Offline joueur de guitare

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 31
Re: BC-123 • The Dmin Chord
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2019, 08:57:19 pm »
Hi guys,

Still working hard on my minor chord changes, things are improving slowly, but improving they undoubtedly are. I'm still in the low 30's on one minute changes with the D minor chord in play, as such I don't feel I should move on to stage 3 just yet. Can anyone recommend a song from the beginners songbook that incorporates D minor, which will keep the practice interesting but also help with my transitions? I have learnt and continue to practice 3 little birds, that's alright mama and the walk of life.

Cheers

If you have the Beginner's Songbook, take a look and pick one!

For starters there's:

Staying with Marley, 'Natural Mystic' is all minor chords - Am Dm Em. So is 'A Girl Like You', and 'All My Love'. That's reggae, indie/pop rock, and blues to go on with :)
Guitars. Fender Highway 1 Tele: Fender Shortboard LE Mustang: Ibanez AS73 semi-hollow: Ibanez SR370 bass: Squier Affinity Strat: Squier Jagmaster.

Offline brianlarsen

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 42
Re: BC-123 • The Dmin Chord
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2019, 09:54:18 pm »
Can anyone recommend a song from the beginners songbook that incorporates D minor, which will keep the practice interesting but also help with my transitions?
Tom Waits' Chocolate Jesus- Am, Dm, & E
Great song and Justin goes through a variety of ways to play, from very simple to 'more intricate'  :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App