Author Topic: BC-113 • The E Chord  (Read 35368 times)

Offline Taha89

• Good Vibes 0
Re: BC-113 • The E Chord
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2018, 12:39:46 am »
Does it make a difference if I switch the fingering for this chord? Specifically the second and third finger? I feel it makes a smoother transition between switching from the e and a chord since two fingers stay in the same string instead of just one. I’m wondering if there is any downside to playing the e chord this way? Appreciate the feedback

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 523
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2018, 09:12:58 am »
Stick to the fingering - there are good reasons further down the line that you will encounter.

Offline bigbl5

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2018, 01:12:51 pm »
Like close said... stick with what Justin teaches for now.  Later down the line you will want to experiment with different fingering, but stage 1 is not the time... later stages like 7 or 8 would be more appropriate. 
I will eventually play as well as David Gilmour - even if it takes me another 40 years.

Offline stuartw

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2020, 11:19:56 am »
Well I've taken a bit of a break from the Minor Pentatonic scale and have been practising (again) the E chord over the last few days. Back to basics.

It was a struggle to start with as my first finger was muting adjacent strings but things seem to have settled down and I can now get my fingers in the right place pretty much most of the time (although they have to go down individually) and the strings ring true. Not very quick but getting there :-)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App