Author Topic: BC-135 • Basic Finger Workout  (Read 101747 times)

Offline darlostrummer10

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 2
Re: BC-135 • Basic Finger Workout
« Reply #240 on: January 15, 2020, 10:05:20 pm »
appreciate the advice. a week or two in and i'm starting to feel it's moving in the right direction.

Offline ChrisKO49

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #241 on: April 26, 2020, 03:28:16 am »
I'm having a hard time with this an I'm about ready to skip it and keep moving on.

I'm a pretty big guy. My belly puts my elbow out further than skinny guys, so that naturally brings my hand to the neck of the guitar at a slight angle.

Because of my belly I cant tuck my elbow in enough to get my pinky up to the low E string. Aside from losing weight, what else can I do?

I have a picture of what I'm talking about but the forum wont let me post images

Sent from my SM-N960U using newbielink:http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=93296 [nonactive]

Offline stitch101

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 202
« Reply #242 on: April 26, 2020, 01:25:05 pm »
Welcome to the forum Chris.
You need to have made 5 posts to post a picture.
Are you playing an acoustic or electric?
You could try using a strap even when sitting and angling the neck off the
guitar up more. This will put your hand at a better angle to the neck.

The basic finger workout is to help with the dexterity of your fingers and hand.
Don't let it hold you back, but don't ship it either. Keep it in your practice routine
and keep moving forward with the course. 
Maybe try starting at the A string for now and don't worry about the E string
for now.

Offline darlostrummer10

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #243 on: April 27, 2020, 01:52:49 pm »
I'm having a hard time with this an I'm about ready to skip it and keep moving on.

I'm a pretty big guy. My belly puts my elbow out further than skinny guys, so that naturally brings my hand to the neck of the guitar at a slight angle.

Because of my belly I cant tuck my elbow in enough to get my pinky up to the low E string. Aside from losing weight, what else can I do?

I have a picture of what I'm talking about but the forum wont let me post images

Sent from my SM-N960U using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

i really would recommend sticking with this exercise. As you see from my earlier post i had a really tough time at first. But seriously 3-4 weeks in with daily practice and i was sorted. i now do the same exercise starting on the 3rd and 1st frets as part of my daily routine using alternate picking and the foundation work made it a breeze getting on the minor pentatonic scale lesson.

stick with it, its actually really enjoyable warm up activity once the muscle memory is in place.

Offline stuartw

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #244 on: May 08, 2020, 11:41:07 pm »
I've been doing this and nothing else really (apart from the Minor Pentatonic scale) for the last week to get some flexibility into my fingers. Seems to be going OK but can't get all my fingers parallel to the neck as the video. Fingers generally are /||\. Any ideas how to get them parallel? Do I need them parallel?

Get The Forum As A Mobile App