Author Topic: Just bought it and like it, thanks  (Read 6419 times)

Offline yallu

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Just bought it and like it, thanks
« on: April 21, 2009, 05:56:42 am »
I played the bass in the school band when I was in the high school. I had a guitar but I played bass because I couldn't really play anything with the guitar. Hah, how classic is that? :)

Now, some 25 years later, I've picked up the old hobby of mine but this time I'm trying to really learn the guitar. Amazingly I could still remember the blues scales etc.

I love jamming along with these jam tracks, so thanks for this product! The various styles mix is very good and the quality too.

I do have a "little" (?) new feature request: my novice friend plays the drums... Would it be possible to have jam tracks where you could disable some of the instruments so that people could play, for example, the lead and the drums and get the rest from the jam track?

Is there an open source mp3 quality "playback-tracker" that could be used? As 4-5 50 MB WAV tracks won't propably do it... :)

But anyways, thanks a million. This site is a miracle really.

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
Re: Just bought it and like it, thanks
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 05:16:57 pm »
Thanks dude. Glad you like it - we put a stack of time into it...

We have thought about doing some other versions for other instruments... just right now we are busy making Jam Major (for the major scale practice!). But maybe in the future we will...

not sure what you mean by "Is there an open source mp3 quality "playback-tracker" that could be used? As 4-5 50 MB WAV tracks won't propably do it..." though... sorry

J

"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline yallu

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 07:50:04 am »
What I meant was: to be able to disable/enable each instrument on the backing song. So that I could play together with my friend, him playing the drums, me the guitar. :)

For me and my friend, just enabling/disabling the drums would be enough, but I'm sure it would be useful for others if all of the instruments could be separately enabled/disabled.

Something like:

Songs\
Songs\5. Rasta Funk Blues In E\
Songs\5. Rasta Funk Blues In E\Instruments\guitar.mp3
Songs\5. Rasta Funk Blues In E\Instruments\bass.mp3
Songs\5. Rasta Funk Blues In E\Instruments\kb.mp3
Songs\5. Rasta Funk Blues In E\Instruments\drums.mp3

With a software GUI such as:

Select instruments to playback:

• guitar.mp3
  • bass.mp3
  • kb.mp3

[ ] drums.mp3

<PLAY>

See what I mean? :) I have no idea if there's technical limits preventing this...

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 03:03:17 pm »
hmmm... do a bad plan - though that would involve people being able to play back a few track at the same time I think... let me have a ponder on it with my mate Dave who I made the tracks with and see what he thinks... J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline yallu

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 08:57:35 pm »
Yes, that's the idea. Me and my friend could take a laptop to a training room, connect the laptop to an amp and play together. I sent you an email with more details about it 27th of April but it might have gone to your spam box. :)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 05:40:42 pm »
it's not so much a spam box - but a folder of emails I just don't get time to answer!

I spoke to Dave and we are proably going to do some bass and drum ones at some point but have some other things on just now - but will point it out in the newsletter when it happen...

but prob won't be till later in the year. J

Offline yallu

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 08:21:06 am »
Ok thanks. The thing is though (fyi), I included in the mail a little player I made myself (as a donation for you) that might be able to do what I asked for. In case you're interested to check it out.

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 152
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 08:25:13 pm »
I will check it out later this year - it's in my "to look at again" box now! - I really am crazy busy... J

GuitarPhil

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 10:47:42 pm »
PG Music do some products called Blues Multitracks, Rock Multi Track etc.

They consist of .wav files but when they load into PG Music's PowerTracks Pro sequencer you see four separate tracks: drums, bass, keys and rhythm guitar for example, on separate audio tracks and you can mute any track you dont want to hear. I don't know if it's a standard .wav file or something proprietary but they do play okay in Windows media player and you hear all the 4 tracks together. The snag would be the filesize: typically around 50 MB or more each file!

Perhaps Justin's tech guru could find a way to convert his original Jam tracks to this format???

I bought Justin's Jam Blues on Amazon and just wanted to say they are great tracks - wish my playing could do them justice  :P

Offline yallu

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 04:33:31 pm »
I've got PG's PowerTracks 12 Pro Audio but I wasn't aware of such other products. Have to check it out, demos and videos at least. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App